• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

marty hurney press conference tidbits

Sultan33g

I happen to like Julius Peppers. He was a class act every time I ever dealt with him, unlike some other superstars I have dealt with. I am not a Panthers fan, but I don't hate them, either. I have some friends on that team and many friends in the organization, and I happen to think the world of Mr. Richardson.

I've always counted you as a Panther fan because of those things (even if you also choose to cheer for teams with sheep symbols) :)

Used to be. Someone stole my name so I went to Sigmund the Sea Monster. But no one knew who Sigmund was so I changed to something more recent. (Porky's)

You have already changed my mind on a few things. I didn't know who you were. Meat has clout! He knows a bit from what he talks about as far as the team itself is concerned...

Who's trolling and who's not? If you hadn't been pushing the envelope the other way, I'd say half of his responses would never have happened. He obviously has some personal interest in this. Do you? I have none either way, but it's clear to me that Peppers is stuck, fair or not, (who cares) and it's due to his own agent's doing. Let it go, man, let it go... :D

Stop the madness...

Ugh, I hate when I allow myself to get caught up in these things. I'll admit I was a bit annoyed with his refusal to listen and insistence on making the same arguement over and over and over again, so got locked on. But you are right, this has gone in a really pointless direction, so I'll take your warranted advice and stop the madness...at least my part of it, everyone else can be as mad as they want :biggrinjester:.

:cheers2:

Woodie and Sandy clearly know labor law. They do not know the inner workings of the Panthers or know any of the players personally.

For the record, I'll freely admit I got a bit carried away, and as I said in response to Mintal's post, I hate getting into these back and forth things. They are usually pointless and often digress into something different and less civil than it needs to be. So, I'll apologize for letting myself get carried away and contributing to the unnecessary continuance of this thread (although I still stand by my points as they relate to the actual issue).

Not that it means anything, and it really doesn't, but don't assume I don't know any Panther players. One of the starting defenders was my neighbor for a couple of years until just a few months ago, and his daughter and mine played together occasionally. Not to mention I have met several other players at various times at his house. Now that's not to toot my own horn or anything (I've never made mention of it before, on any board), but I just wanted to point out that my knowledge is not as limited as you may believe.

Archived