• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Going to the dentist today what should I expect?

Cat

I think they've come a long way with the pain management side of dentistry. For me, the worst part is still the noise of the drill.

you shouldn't have any adverse affects once you are done though if it's just fillings. Make sure you eat before you go incase your mouth is frozen for a while after.

I hate the sound of the drill and the smell of the tooth getting ground away.

My dentist lets me bring in my MP3 player and that has helped.

I had a filling done yesterday. Expect a little soreness in your jaw muscle from holding your mouth open wide for so long.......nah, not going there... :)

Anyway, yeah a little sore but nothing advil won't work for. Sensitivity to hot/cold for a few weeks after. They numb you up right away. No biggie.

Depends on the operator hawk.

Also depends on the operator when it comes to the experience.

I roll nitrous all day and take them deeper if I have to.

The generalists not so much.

I am a big believer in profound local anesthesia.

If you are properly anesthetized it should be a piece of cake.

Bring your tunes, make sure you are numb as hell, and chill.

Everything went great. The cavities were small. Didn't feel it, didn't really notice the drill. Other than my throat getting dry it was painless. didn't even feel the shot.

My face and mouth was numb for a while and that was it. It was weird because I kept feeling like my face was itching but when I scatched i didn't feel anything and it wouldn't go away. lol it was crazy.

Archived