• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Going to the dentist today what should I expect?

Cat

I think they've come a long way with the pain management side of dentistry. For me, the worst part is still the noise of the drill.

you shouldn't have any adverse affects once you are done though if it's just fillings. Make sure you eat before you go incase your mouth is frozen for a while after.

Depends on your dentist Cat... mine is great. I had three filled last November and it wasn't bad at all. Honestly the numbing shot is always the worst and my dentist is really good at it, hardly felt a thing.

The sound of the drill and all is annoying, but shouldn't hurt. If it does, stop him and ask him to numb it more.

Seriously, the last time I had cavities filled I barely remember it. It's not too bad, and as Hawk said they've come a long way into making the patient feel comfortable. You still get that feeling afterward that someone's fuged with your teeth and that sucks, and it might be numb for a little while, but it goes away.

Depending on the severity of the decay, you might have some discomfort afterwards as well as high sensitivity to hot, cold, sweets and pressure.

Just had four teeth filled a few weeks ago and I still have sensitivity issues.

Archived