• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas davis

Snake

Actually if Peppers is not back next year, the 3-4 makes the most sense with the personnel we have. You have Brayton, Johnson and Kemo on the line with Davis coming off the edge. Then you work Connor in at LB with Beason and Diggs.

Johnson isn't a 3-4 DE, best bet would to put Lewis at DE. that said Johnson also isn't IMO an OLB either. Beason, Connor and Davis would be fine at LB but we would have to find A OLB/de tweener in the draft. Not going to happen though, Fox is a 4-3 guy and wont be changing that.

T Davis is a freak. I think Meeks will utilize him even more. We might see him at DE some to bring more pressure if we get weak at DE. I'd like to see Meeks use Andersons speed on passing situations. I think he could be a role player.

No you will not see him at DE, hes a converted safety and would be extremely undersized at DE. He would get absolutely worked from the DE position...there is a big difference between rushing the passer from the OLB position and from the DE position. The guy put up a great year..if it ain't broke don't fix it.

No you will not see him at DE, hes a converted safety and would be extremely undersized at DE. He would get absolutely worked from the DE position...there is a big difference between rushing the passer from the OLB position and from the DE position. The guy put up a great year..if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Im not saying full time. I worded that wrong. Just on a few plays here or there. The occasional change up to throw off offenses.

Maybe im just desperate for another Peppers

I Think he had an excellent season last year, I was just saying with Peppers most likely leaving, were not going to be getting as much pressure from the line. I was expecting them last season to use him in a more aggressive manor from the Weakside. I really expect that next season. Considering were probably going to have a lack of pressure from the dline.

If meeks uses davis in more edge blitz's I'll be a happy panther fan. I could see him getting in 7 or 8 sack range if used right.

Well unless Meeks changes his approach, dont expect much difference as in Indy they depended on the line to get the pass rush. They dont blitz much either, probably less than we have the past few seasons. Plus 4-3 LB's aren't primarily pass rushers. He does have the talent to cause havoc and could be good at it and I would like to see it, just don't expect it really.

Well unless Meeks changes his approach, dont expect much difference as in Indy they depended on the line to get the pass rush. They dont blitz much either, probably less than we have the past few seasons. Plus 4-3 LB's aren't primarily pass rushers. He does have the talent to cause havoc and could be good at it and I would like to see it, just don't expect it really.

Im not saying your wrong but with the given situation that we are in. We have to blitz to get pressure. Fox likes to use zone and be physical. Del Rio was a prime example of a aggressive zone scheme and I hope Meeks will bring that back. Also Derick Brooks has been used as a pass rusher for a while now and Tampa runs a 4-3 cover 2. There are alot more ways then the front 4 to get pressure and I hope they use the talent we have instead of waiting to acquire the talent they want like previous seasons.

Archived