• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Catscratchreader article about Chris Gamble

JawnyBlaze

Here's the link to the article, http://www.derp/2011/5/23/2185316/chris-gamble-the-unfairly-critiqued-panther but what I'm actually wanting to show is from the comments section, explanation of Gamble being in Fox's doghouse last season:

It probably went something like this...

Fox: Why did you miss that tackle Chris? Dammit, you’re killing us.

Gamble: I dunno. It is what it is.

Fox: What did you just say to me?

Gamble: I said it is what it is.

Fox: That’s it…you’re not starting next week.

Gamble: Does that mean I’m “day to day”?

Fox: Oh, you think you’re cute don’t you? Alright, you’re not playing at all next week.

Gamble: Oh well, I guess I just picked a bad day to have a bad day.

Fox: You’re in the doghouse now Chris. Good luck getting out of it.

hilarious.

they are using the same article/data from PFF that the other thread is about, but this is telling right here...

Look no further than last year when Gamble missed significant time due to being in Coach Fox's doghouse. Gamble started 9 games in 2010, and look what happened to opponent's passing games:

- With Gamble on the field: 214.4 yards per game

- Without Gamble on the field: 245.5 yards per game

It's clear that the Carolina Panthers have a better passing defense with Gamble than without him, and we've seen that according to Pro Football Focus opposing QBs have an aversion to throwing to his side of the field. So, is Chris Gamble a 'lock down corner'? I'm not 100% sure, but I'd wager he's a lot closer than you may think he is.

Archived