• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope to see more 2 RB sets?

Mojoman

Honestly I really doubt we run a wide open offense most of the time. Chud's history would suggest we will definitely use the TEs more in the passing game and our four receiver sets may be 2 wides and 2 TEs so we can run or pass out of that set. Still I expect we will use the fullback quite a bit and run out of traditional formations. Those expecting a wide open spread new England type offense are likely to be disappointed. We are really built for running the ball and will likely continue to do so. We might have some four wide sets on third down and in a hurry up offense but I really doubt we will look use a lot of empty backfields or abandoning the fullback position unless injuries occur.

We will look nothing like New Orleans and their passing game unless drew Brees gets traded here. The best way to help a rookie quarterback is to have a great defense and a great running game, not a wide open passing game.

I agree. I think people keep bringing up San Diego and Norv Turner's offense, and sure we'll bring some concepts from that, but Chud ran an offense in Cleveland for two years. It looked pretty close to what Fox ran when things were going well: I formation running game, big play pass game. I hope they mix in some exciting new looks, but it will likely look a lot more conservative and familiar than people are expecting.

I agree. I think people keep bringing up San Diego and Norv Turner's offense, and sure we'll bring some concepts from that, but Chud ran an offense in Cleveland for two years. It looked pretty close to what Fox ran when things were going well: I formation running game, big play pass game. I hope they mix in some exciting new looks, but it will likely look a lot more conservative and familiar than people are expecting.

Exactly, if we want to run San Diego's offense we need to trade for Phillip Rivers. As long as we have Newton and Clausen, it won't rely on the QB to win games by himself. In a few years when we have a franchise quarterback, we might open it up quite a bit. Until then, we want a Qb who can make plays when he has to and relies on the running game and the defense to win us games. It worked for Jake in 2008 and can work again in 2011.

Cam+Smitty+Deangelo+Stewart times Gross+Shockey

over

Beason+Johnson times Yaw+Yac

gives us an Adjusted Superbowl Probability of 6.86 which is very nice.

odd, I got 6.9999(9 is of course repeating). Might want to check your math, bro.

Archived