• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope to see more 2 RB sets?

Mojoman

It seems common sense to find ways to put both Stewart & D-Will or Goodson on the field together (Deangelo or Goodsen at the slot?). Easy to run reverses, fake reverse, bubble screens with this line up. I hope our new coaching staff gives this a shot than dumb-ass Fox.

I would love to see Goodson and DWill get the ball in open space.. if we've learned anything from the Saints, a short passing game is close to an effective running game.

you can pull the top of the defense in closer and give our receivers better chances to break coverage..

simply creates more for the defense to think about..

If they re-sign DeAngelo, I would love to see more 2 RB sets. No reason not to. Would have 3 good RBs and I know you want to keep the big guns fresh, but it would pose some problems for defenses. Newton, DeAngelo, JStew, Smith on the field at same time?

If they re-sign DeAngelo, I would love to see more 2 RB sets. No reason not to. Would have 3 good RBs and I know you want to keep the big guns fresh, but it would pose some problems for defenses. Newton, DeAngelo, JStew, Smith on the field at same time?

Man that would be sweet! It's almost surreal like a dream. We've all waited long enough for a Super Bowl win and now we really have an opportunity.

The guys at work were saying yesterday that Carolina is going to be a powerhouse in a couple of years and I'm in Cincinnati so that's saying something. And yes, I'm a transplant and am sitting here listening to everyone talk about the Bungles every year. It's always the same thing with them, first 3 games, everyone talks about a Bengals superbowl. By the 6th or 7th game, everyone shuts up and stops wearing their jersey's. It's comical to watch such fair weather fans.

Man that would be sweet! It's almost surreal like a dream. We've all waited long enough for a Super Bowl win and now we really have an opportunity.

The guys at work were saying yesterday that Carolina is going to be a powerhouse in a couple of years and I'm in Cincinnati so that's saying something. And yes, I'm a transplant and am sitting here listening to everyone talk about the Bungles every year. It's always the same thing with them, first 3 games, everyone talks about a Bengals superbowl. By the 6th or 7th game, everyone shuts up and stops wearing their jersey's. It's comical to watch such fair weather fans.

Smitty might be here one more year....don't know how Cam will pan out....I would say we are a far away from being a powerhouse in a few years. Still too many question marks.

Honestly I really doubt we run a wide open offense most of the time. Chud's history would suggest we will definitely use the TEs more in the passing game and our four receiver sets may be 2 wides and 2 TEs so we can run or pass out of that set. Still I expect we will use the fullback quite a bit and run out of traditional formations. Those expecting a wide open spread new England type offense are likely to be disappointed. We are really built for running the ball and will likely continue to do so. We might have some four wide sets on third down and in a hurry up offense but I really doubt we will look use a lot of empty backfields or abandoning the fullback position unless injuries occur.

We will look nothing like New Orleans and their passing game unless drew Brees gets traded here. The best way to help a rookie quarterback is to have a great defense and a great running game, not a wide open passing game.

Archived