• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

King Taharqa

note I said *if* James played to his potential. James problems are not physical. his potential is enormous. he is not the best player in the game right now and he's certainly not the best of all time or even close to it... but he had the potential to be. he will have the best supporting cast possible in miami, if not this year, then very soon (i'd argue that 3-some is already the best group of players but hey, thats not all it takes to win!)

and I agree completely that there's no guarantee that Miami will win a title at all, but the major complaint about the Heat this series (and hell LeBron his entire career) stems from one word: choke.

when LeBron James stops choking and starts living up to what he *can* do, he could win it all. If he starts playing an entire series like he played the 4th quarter and overtime against the Pistons all those years ago, he'll get a ring no matter how dysfunctional the offense is around him and no matter how cruddy Wade plays. but is he gonna do that? I don't know, I don't actually get the sense he wants to win that bad.

to me, the difference between James and the greats is all desire... but hell, I could be wrong.

I disagree. People need to stop looking for the next Jordan.

LBJ just doesn't have the passion of a Jordan, Kobe, Bird, etc. That's part of being the greatest. He's more likely to be compared to Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Miller, etc when it's all said & done.

I disagree. People need to stop looking for the next Jordan.

LBJ just doesn't have the passion of a Jordan, Kobe, Bird, etc. That's part of being the greatest. He's more likely to be compared to Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Miller, etc when it's all said & done.

he didn't tonight and hasn't yet, which is my point.

he's got a long career ahead of him - I'm not looking for the next jordan, I'm just telling you straight out. when something ignites lebron he's amazing... just seems like few things do. seems like he'd rather be snickering about the other team than embarrassing them on the court I think.

I'd never, ever heard anyone say Miller lacked passion. Ewing or Malone either. They just were never as good as Michael... but lack of passion?? I don't think that was it at all but truth be told I was fairly young back then and I don't recall news stories at all from those various games. I always figured it was just Mike was the best of all time and it didn't matter how passionate those guys were, he'd beat them anyway.

My entire point is that James is lacking passion right now, I don't think we're much in disagreement save that I think James could still show it at some point.

Btw, as far as all-time great is concerned, Jason Kidd was the top player in this series. Wade, LeBron, & Dirk may all surpass him, but not right now. Jason Kidd is arguably the greatest PG of all-time.

dunno about greatest PG of all time but he's one of the greats of all time for sure, so no argument there. did you think I said Lebron was an all time great or something?

he didn't tonight and hasn't yet, which is my point.

he's got a long career ahead of him - I'm not looking for the next jordan, I'm just telling you straight out. when something ignites lebron he's amazing... just seems like few things do. seems like he'd rather be snickering about the other team than embarrassing them on the court I think.

I'd never, ever heard anyone say Miller lacked passion. Ewing or Malone either. They just were never as good as Michael... but lack of passion?? I don't think that was it at all but truth be told I was fairly young back then and I don't recall news stories at all from those various games. I always figured it was just Mike was the best of all time and it didn't matter how passionate those guys were, he'd beat them anyway.

My entire point is that James is lacking passion right now, I don't think we're much in disagreement save that I think James could still show it at some point.

dunno about greatest PG of all time but he's one of the greats of all time for sure, so no argument there. did you think I said Lebron was an all time great or something?

My LeBron comparison to Barkley, Malone, Ewing, & Miller was that none of them have a ring. ;)

I'm not sure who I'd call the greatest PG all-time. You have to give him consideration though. Kidd is 39 & a 17 year vet, people forget just how great he was in his prime.

LeBron James has taken the Miami Heat back to the NBA Finals for the first time in 5 years. After everyone piled on the "NWO" early in the season and called King a "quitter" and "choke artist" they've run roughshed over the league this playoff. And James has established himself as the game's best clutch performer in 2011. This rematch of the '06 series will go the same way, except this time, LeBron will be the star of the show and not so much Wade. I like the Mavs and they have a very good team, but in the end outside of Dirk, they dont have a reliable 20 a night guy to counter LBJ/Wade/Bosh. Throw in Miami has homecourt and has faced better defenses than what the Mavs will present, I give this one 6 games. Get ready to hand the King his crown.

Well, you got the 6 games prediction right, KT! :D

Archived