• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So What Happened...

Paintballr

To RARE? Maybe just showing my age a little but I remember back in the day they made games left and right, and they were really good games (for the time). They get bought up or something? I mean outside of Mario I remember half my games on the N64 were made by them.

Well Microsoft had bought them out a while ago and I think put them on the Kinect software, pretty sure they did the sports game for it. I remember hearing the guys that founded the company had left a couple of year ago.

The last big game I remember a lot of coverage on was Viva Pinata.

RARE is a perfect example of why the video game industry mostly sucks. Large businesses step in and ruin every game either by milking the franchise to death or destroying entire companies by not funding them properly. Then the mass firings are also really bad from what I've read.

Nintendo on the other hand does a much better job, imo. With Retro Studios they worked together to have the Metroid Prime games made and I think those are some of the best games ever made.

Interestingly enough, Retro Studios made the most recent Donkey Kong game and it's a lot of fun.

Archived