• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble converted roster bonus

mr beauxjangles

Hey it works for me. Pepp is now royally screwed. We can sit and let him play and it not effect us in any way. I see the trade rumors of lucas now coming to fruition with him not being released. I would immagine they may have a trade partner already and we see this done Friday or Saturday.

We still need to try to take care of pep asap. Cause we still want have much money to get any FAs and sign our Draft picks.

If it's uncapped we won't compete being small market anyway. I don't see it being uncapped. If they can get Troy Vincent in there as NFLPA head honcho he will sit down with the owners and hammer something out. Some of the players lose if it's uncapped. It also means to be a UFA its now SIX years, not 4 you have to be with the team.

I just dont see an uncapped year is all.

I don't see it not happening considering the thing blocking the deal is owner's wanting a rookie contract scale system.

As much as Delhomme needs to be making less money, do you guys think a pay cut would motivate him right now or lower his self esteem even further? I was thinking that now we could also afford to keep lucas and give marshall and the other backups another year to progress. Or I suppose we could keep peppers an extra year and work on qb and db this year. I was thinking more towards getting our d line back in shape though with a big trade and some draft picks!

10 + 17 = 27 / 8 + 10 + 4.5 = 22.5 million, still around 5 million over if the gross contract numbers are right for this season.

that would make sense if we weren't already 8 or 9 million under the cap before Gross signed so you do the math again and we are about 2-3 million under the cap atm, but more will be opened up with Jake restructuring, and doing something about Lucas and I believe there was something else that we could do to save a few million but I forget what it was.

if we trade peppers we could easily end up close to $30 mil under the cap this year, only problem is Peppers won't be traded probably until right before the draft so don't get your hopes up too much for a huge spending spree, besides I'm not exactly sure that there are too many big name FA's out there that are worth really going after.

that would make sense if we weren't already 8 or 9 million under the cap before Gross signed so you do the math again and we are about 2-3 million under the cap atm, but more will be opened up with Jake restructuring, and doing something about Lucas and I believe there was something else that we could do to save a few million but I forget what it was.

if we trade peppers we could easily end up close to $30 mil under the cap this year, only problem is Peppers won't be traded probably until right before the draft so don't get your hopes up too much for a huge spending spree, besides I'm not exactly sure that there are too many big name FA's out there that are worth really going after.

I didn't understand that math anyway. That division sign just doesn't make sense. :confused:

Archived