• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Workout News and Recaps

C-A-T-S

BobcatsBballPR B.J. Evans

Bobcats predraft workouts on Thurs 2 include: Thomas Coleman, Jerai Grant, Cam Long, Marcus Morris, Carleton Scott and Donald Sims.

3 hours ago

They'll end up drafting that Cam kid...so then there will be 2 busts in Charlotte. ;)

They'll end up drafting that Cam kid...so then there will be 2 busts in Charlotte. ;)

Wrong. They'll draft Donald Sims with pick #19 and attempt to move him to SF in hopes that he'll be the replacement for Stephen Jackson. Since Sims played PG in college and is only 6'1, 170, he will be undersized and therefore not in shape to play the position, resulting in Silas benching him all season.

That way, we have two project-players drafted way too early in Charlotte...and both will have come from Appalachian State.

On day 1 of workouts they also had

Demontez Stitt- Clemson

LaMarshall Corbett- Angelo State

Gary Flowers- Southern Miss

Alex Stephenson- UNC/USC

:eek:...nearly fell out of my chair. Haven't heard of that guy in years.

He was a hell of a defensive player though.

Old school.

That's the vibe Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas caught, watching Kansas forward Marcus Morris audition Thursday. Silas said there's an efficiency about the way Morris plays that suggests far more experience than that of a college junior.

"It's his help-side defense or his blocking out. They really don't do a whole lot of that in college," Silas said after the workout. "Or him posting up and then fading back on the jumper. He already knows if he just goes inside, there's a chance he's going to get it blocked.

"He knows to position himself to be successful with the basketball. That's most important in this league - knowing who you are and what you have to do. And he most certainly does."

Silas confirmed the general impression that Morris isn't a great athlete and doesn't have particularly long arms. So he needs to be more refined than the competition to compete, and he is. Morris is a candidate for the Bobcats' No. 9 overall pick and would certainly be considered at No. 19, in the unlikely event he lasts that long.

"With most kids in this league, you have to wait two or three years for them because they don't understand what's going on," Silas said. "You have guys who are athletic, but don't know how to play. You have guys who know how to play but aren't very athletic. You have to have one of the two, and if you have both you can be outstanding."

Morris is quick to pass on the credit to his coaches.

"They really teach you the game. and I was one of those system-type kids who stayed there and really got to know the game," Morris said of his three seasons at Kansas. "I ask a lot of questions because I want to be a great player at the end of the day. Having guys like (ex-pro) Danny Manning and coach (Bill) Self there means really teaching you the game."

Marcus and his brother, Markieff, are both likely first-round picks in this draft. Because they're twins, there's a perception they're the same player, and that's not really true. Markieff is a little taller (by an inch) and heavier (240 pounds, compared to Marcus' 230), and according to Silas the more agile of the two.

Markieff is a pure power forward, while Marcus - the better shooter - believes he can also play small forward at the NBA level.

Silas agrees Marcus has some small forward-like offensive skills, but questions how well he'd guard those smaller, quicker players.

"That's going to be hard, I think," Silas said. "Not out of the realm of possibility, but I see him as a four."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/10/2365177/marcus-morris-game-has-old-school.html

DraftExpress Jonathan Givony

NBA exec: "People who liked Biyombo already won't change their opinion after this today. But those who were skeptical will be even more now"

Two minutes in and you can already tell that Bismack Biyombo is not a "workout guy". Looks very nervous, airballing layups.Really struggling

Despite the bad hands, the lack of skills & general polish, you still can't teach the agility & explosiveness Bismack Biyombo's showing here

I think Bismack Biyombo would have been better off playing one game of 5 on 5 to truly show the impact he can make. He's not a 1 on 0 type.

NBA exec: "People who liked Biyombo already won't change their opinion after this today. But those who were skeptical will be even more now"

Two minutes in and you can already tell that Bismack Biyombo is not a "workout guy". Looks very nervous, airballing layups.Really struggling

Despite the bad hands, the lack of skills & general polish, you still can't teach the agility & explosiveness Bismack Biyombo's showing here

I think Bismack Biyombo would have been better off playing one game of 5 on 5 to truly show the impact he can make. He's not a 1 on 0 type.

Ouchie...how do you "airball" layups. 5 years olds at least hit SOMETHING

Archived