• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D. Smith tells his lawyers to stand down, avoids negotiations blowing up

mav1234

Thank fuging God. Maybe I was wrong about D. Smith. I hope I was, and I really hope the recent rumors of him and Goodell really finding cordial common ground to speed along the talks have been true.

This ESPN article gave me hope that the players are actually being represented by someone who is thinking as a player rep and not as purely a lawyer.

One person close to the talks went so far as to say, "This almost blew up yesterday."

As tensions rose and anger grew, two sources said NFLPA leader DeMaurice Smith instructed his lawyers to "stand down."

Sources quoted in the article had some disheartening news, too:

Multiple sources familiar with the talks said progress is being made, but they cautioned there's "a lot of drama and a lot of room for mistakes left."

To say this is going to be done in two weeks, one source said, "is borderline insane."

edit: bah, just saw this was actually at the end of the "85%" thread. apologies. I guess maybe it's worth having it's own thread? if mods disagree feel free to delete this thread.

Archived