• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in DT Robertson

Mr. Scot

There's a lot in how you define it. Technically the Colts scheme under Meeks is a unique variant all its own. I tend to concentrate on the core principle because the variants tend to be based largely on personnel differences.

My take: It will be Cover 2 because you're not going to see the kind of overly undersized defense you saw with the Colts. Even with a somewhat revamped roster, we have too many larger players to suit that particular variant.

That's what I believe as well, I don't think we'll be strictly one variation of cover 2, I think Meeks will adapt it to fit our players and work with it.

He's a bad fit for the 3-4, but is much better suited to the 'undertackle' role he'd play here opposite Kemo. This would also return Lewis to the rotational role he played before if it happened.

Agreed, this guy is a 3 technique in a 4-3 and Denver is going to run a hybrid 3-4. He just didn't fit any longer.

I think it is important to note that the article stated that the defense will be moving to a variation of the Cover 2 / Tampa 2 defense. I know most fans are down on Fox as of late but the guy does have a great defensive mind. Putting Fox and Meeks, who I also feel has a great defensive mind, together might just produce a new defensive scheme like how Dungy and Kiffin were able to develop the Tampa 2 in the 90's.

I am actually not in favor of this because I feel like Maake Kemoeatu, Damione Lewis, Nick Hayden, Patrick MacDonald, Babatunde Oshinowo, and Lorenzo Williams can get the job done. I beleive they should focus on improving the Defensive Tackle position through the draft. Possibly checking out Sen'Derrick Marks, Alex Magee from Purdue, Terrill Byrd from Cincinnati, Will Johnson from Michigan, Clinton McDonald from Memphis, Mitch King from Iowa, and Ricky Jean-Francois from LSU. Any of these guys would be a good pick up for the CATS.

I think it is important to note that the article stated that the defense will be moving to a variation of the Cover 2 / Tampa 2 defense. I know most fans are down on Fox as of late but the guy does have a great defensive mind. Putting Fox and Meeks, who I also feel has a great defensive mind, together might just produce a new defensive scheme like how Dungy and Kiffin were able to develop the Tampa 2 in the 90's.

IF we could run our defense like Kffin ran Tampa for so many years, I would be very happy. An aggressive cover 2 is fine. My problems are more with the bend until we break passive cover 3 we ran this past fall. If Meeks can adapt as he goes and gameplan we will be 100% better right off the bat.

Archived