• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you go to church?

Brokenbad

Seriously... you let the actions of other people determine your willingness to go to church?

What if I turn it around like this...

Would it make any sense?

good point...and no...I don't. I don't go to church because I personally do not feel the need to. I know what I believe and I have enough other opportunities to interact with my community and my neighbors etc. I do think though that there are many many people who go to church because they feel obligated/peer pressure etc.

None of us would even celebrate Christmas or Easter if not for Jesus. In fact, we would not even discussing 'church' at all. Jesus claimed to be the Messiah/Son of God. He could not have been just a 'good teacher'....because he claimed to be more. He was either the Messiah/Son of God as he claimed, or he was a lying lunatic. There is no in-between.

Being a skeptic by nature, I studied the Bible to find out more about life, purpose, meaning, and death. I also wanted to find out more about Jesus, and why we celebrated Christmas & Easter. I researched & read all of the Old Testament along with all of the prophecies fulfilled by Jesus (where he would be born, how he would die, how he would be treated, he would overcome death on the 3rd day & etc), and also read/studied the New Testament about Jesus, and etc. I also researched how the Bible was started, written, and the history of it. I am not a Bible scholar so I don't have all of the answers, but I do believe Jesus was the Son of God/Messiah and thru him we all can have eternal life as the Bible says.

I go to church for wisdom, understanding purpose for my life, learning, Bible study, & etc. Yes, the 'church' is full of hypocrites. Yes many churches & pastors have become mis-guided. Many churches do focus too much on money. And unfortunately, many 'Christians' don't act as they should, and they can be judgemental. But, don't let this stop you from learning/understanding/worshipping/gaining wisdom from God. In Christianity, one does not earn salvation. You receive it by accepting God's grace through his son Jesus. I'm thankful that I don't have to be 'good enough' to earn it, because I am far from perfect.

I don't go to church, probably because I was forced to when I was younger. Not that I mind going if anyone ever wanted me to go with them or something. I just find organized religion to be ridiculous, but I don't knock any one's beliefs or anything. Peeps can do as they please.

Archived