• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Metal Detecting

StepandFetch

I live out in the woods about 30 minutes east of Greensboro. The local pawn-of-ill repute had a detector for a fantastic deal, and I've spent about two hours out in the woods searching for metallic history.

I was following an old trail, when my detector hit something promising. After about an hour of digging and prying 18 inches of hard clay and roots, I pulled a plow blade from the hole. I can't imagine how old it is, being so deep.

Anyone else here follow this hobby? I am so hooked, and it really complements my love for local history.

Here are some pics:

post-759-133194784178_thumb.jpg

post-759-133194784207_thumb.jpg

bet you thought you hit the jackpot when you had to keep digging and digging. That would have been a mindfug... YES this has got to be some good poo, hell its 18" under the ground, its bound to be something valu... ah fug, a plow blade

naw I was ecstatic. I love old history and it is so neat to dig up and touch what hasn't been seen by human eyes for a 100 years +

thats what she said

you, sir, are the man.

I went out again today and found a ton of nails, beer cans, pull tabs, a broken buckle, and a spur

Archived