• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huh, Peppers...

mantal

Guys, the FA's that have signed so far have been way overpaid. There are some teams out there that wer forced to use Cap Space....regardless of who is in the market.

The deals that marginal players are getting (ala Frank O) are ridiculous. I am glad we are not making stupid moves.

I remember the same people here bitching last offseason that we were not throwing money around like drunken idiots in FA...and how did that work out. Oh yeah, a 12-4 record and an NFC South Championship.

While, teams like Washington and Oakland were spending..and how did that work out for them. Oh yeah, missed the playoffs again.

Calm down and let the Peppers thing play out.

The coaches on teams that are worth a damn for him to go to, do care about his value.

What I'm saying is he can still tank it, then his 'value' drops off, so we let him go. Sure he gets less money, but he gets to go. Then he just starts playing for real again.

See Randy Moss.

It can/has happened. And that only hurts us.

What I'm saying is he can still tank it, then his 'value' drops off, so we let him go. Sure he gets less money, but he gets to go. Then he just starts playing for real again.

See Randy Moss.

It can/has happened. And that only hurts us.

If that's what you believe will happen.

It would ruin whatever he has left of a career.

He's in the prime of his career. He's got to go out and perform, or his career will be over before he knows it.

If that's what you believe will happen.

It would ruin whatever he has left of a career.

He's in the prime of his career. He's got to go out and perform, or his career will be over before he knows it.

That's not what I believe will happen, but it is something no one is acknowledging as possible.(and it is)

I don't see how it would ruin his career, like I said, it didn't ruin Moss's career.....

That's not what I believe will happen, but it is something no one is acknowledging as possible.(and it is)

I don't see how it would ruin his career, like I said, it didn't ruin Moss's career.....

So you don't see how it would ruin his career? Essentially taking a year off in the prime of his career. Why would he even do that? Whether you think so or not, Peppers has been a pro, and acted like one his entire career here. Like it or not, it would essentially be like playing another contract year. If he doesn't play well, if would definitely affect his market ability. And whether you admit it or not, he does give a damn about that.

You keep bringing up Moss, but Peppers isn't like Moss at all.

Let's go along with this notion you suggest.

Pep sand bags it this following season. Deflating his value, and making him very undesirable to many teams. Sure, some team may take a chance on him, but no team is going to take a chance on a long term contract with him. So he'll have to then sign a 1 year earn it contract, then play balls out, just to get him back into the position he is now, BUT he'll be two years older, and less valuable cause of it.

Are you beginning to understand why this notion doesn't hold much water/possibility?

So you don't see how it would ruin his career? Essentially taking a year off in the prime of his career. Why would he even do that? Whether you think so or not, Peppers has been a pro, and acted like one his entire career here. Like it or not, it would essentially be like playing another contract year. If he doesn't play well, if would definitely affect his market ability. And whether you admit it or not, he does give a damn about that.

You keep bringing up Moss, but Peppers isn't like Moss at all.

Gee I have no idea why would he, oh yea, he doesn't want to be here.

Like it or not, Peppers may not actually care about the money, and really wants to GTFO.

This isn't my view point, but it is A view point/scenario, whether you admit it or not.

Peppers isn't like Moss? Really? Hmm everyone says Peppers takes plays off, Moss takes plays off......What's the difference between the two?

Even if he tanked it he could get just as good a deal or better than Moss got.(I know it must REALLY suck to make less money but contend for the SB every year :rolleyes:)

Gee I have no idea why would he, oh yea, he doesn't want to be here.

Like it or not, Peppers may not actually care about the money, and really wants to GTFO.

This isn't my view point, but it is A view point/scenario, whether you admit it or not.

Peppers isn't like Moss? Really? Hmm everyone says Peppers takes plays off, Moss takes plays off......What's the difference between the two?

Even if he tanked it he could get just as good a deal or better than Moss got.(I know it must REALLY suck to make less money but contend for the SB every year :rolleyes:)

Whether Peppers wants to be here or not, he's not going to sand bag a season when he's in his prime. You may not agree, and that is your choice.

If Peppers takes plays off, then every lineman on the team takes plays off, and far more than Peppers. I watch Peppers quite a bit. Do I think he can play better? Sure, I have higher expectations of him, but just cause he doesn't meet them, doesn't mean he takes plays off. I also understand there is a large group of people who think Pep takes plays off. I'd have to ask all of you, why the rest of our defensive line, and most other linemen across the league are even lazier.

Whether Peppers wants to be here or not, he's not going to sand bag a season when he's in his prime. You may not agree, and that is your choice.

If Peppers takes plays off, then every lineman on the team takes plays off, and far more than Peppers. I watch Peppers quite a bit. Do I think he can play better? Sure, I have higher expectations of him, but just cause he doesn't meet them, doesn't mean he takes plays off. I also understand there is a large group of people who think Pep takes plays off. I'd have to ask all of you, why the rest of our defensive line, and most other linemen across the league are even lazier.

I don't think he will tank it, but he could. I was just saying how bad it would hurt the team if he did.

I'm one of the people who doesn't think he takes plays off, at least definitely not like Moss.

I think the fact that Moss got what he wanted sucks, but it happens.

It still wouldn't make any sense even if he really does want to leave that bad. The Panthers wouldn't bring him back under the franchise tag again the next year (2010) at 20 million. So all he would have to do is turn down any contract offer Carolina makes...the Panthers would then probably franchise tag him again and then trade him (assuming they don't this year).

Archived