• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evidence that D-Will will remain a Panther?

BountyHunter

Per Rotoworld:

Over the past few months, Klis' colleagues at the Post have repeatedly painted the picture of Moreno as a third-down back under new coach John Fox. The gears changed Thursday, with Klis suggesting the Broncos will add a "1B-type" of back to "complement" Moreno. We're not sure what's changed, but it could be a realization that DeAngelo Williams will be tough to pry away from Carolina under a flexible cap with a 72-hour exclusive negotiating window. As we've stated all offseason, Williams may be the only available back able to beat out Moreno in a fair competition.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5163/knowshon-moreno

based on that train of thought....you could say that about every FA that one party hasn't expressed they want the relationship to end.

I think the author basically means that with our cap room we can outbid Denver and they've assumed that we will do whatever it takes to keep D-Will....not a correct assumption IMO...

I think the author basically means that with our cap room we can outbid Denver and they've assumed that we will do whatever it takes to keep D-Will....not a correct assumption IMO...

I agree. But Carolina has a history of investing in guys when they should be parting ways. The reason the Patriots are so good isn't b/c they draft great with there 1000 draft picks.....it is b/c they say good bye at the right time (even to big names and fan favorites) and bring in new blood through FA imo. Belichick would have made sure Williams got traded last year.

I agree. But Carolina has a history of investing in guys when they should be parting ways. The reason the Patriots are so good isn't b/c they draft great with there 1000 draft picks.....it is b/c they say good bye at the right time (even to big names and fan favorites) and bring in new blood through FA imo. Belichick would have made sure Williams got traded last year.

They release players when they are starting to head down hill, which imo, DeAngelo is still climbing due to not having a ton of miles on his tires for this point in his career.

I hope nobody misunderstood and thinks that I believe we're better off with DeAngelo. I think our team is much better with him here and hope they can retain him. I just believe that this authors assumption that we will pay DeAngelo whatever it takes to keep him is incorrect. I feel 100% confident we will offer him a fair and generous deal whether he accepts fair and generous market value is another question....

I don't see how this is actual evidence.

It's not. (Thanks for the ? mark i requested in title). But, you can reasonably assume if this reporters source is reliable, then they don't believe that D-will will sign with the Broncos if Hurney is given time to negotiate with him. I don't think D-will really wants to leave and if given a reasonable offer he will choose to stay.

Archived