• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Last Year) How ignoring the wide receiver position could doom the Carolina Panthers

#1 Panthers Fan

Having no experience at wide receiver is going to not only damage the Panthers for 2010, but for years moving forward. What type of damage is this doing to franchise quarterback Jimmy Clausen?

uh, what?

I can only, hopefully, assume this is a typo...

Having no experience at wide receiver

Ever heard of fuging steve Smith? And adding a VET would only cause Edwards, Lafell, and Gettis to have less playing time on the field. This isn't fuging foxball this is the 'Rivera' and things are changing.

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I think our WRs will end up being one of our strong suits. I expect Smitty to bounce back without pickles panicking in the pocket and I think Gettis is a star in the making. I know sophomore slumps aren't uncommon, but I expect him to blow up this year. With the TE's we have in place their will be room to roam for the WRs.

I don't know about the doom part, but the article is somewhat correct. Everyone watching Panthers football the last few years seen exactly what the article talked about. Steve Smith getting double team alot because there are no other top receivers that can make, or at least has, made other teams pay for double teaming Smith.

So in turn, teams can focus more on shutting down Panthers running game. Just my take.

Archived