• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/4 Updates

Ruff

I got caught in horrible traffic and didn't get to spartanburg until 815 blah. But I'll be out there tomorrow come hell or high water. Although my hotel seems nice which is good.

With your pending legal troubles are you allowed to leave Wilmington?? ;)

I remember all the reports coming out that had everybody thinking the offense would be wide open with 4 receiver sets and a more prevalent passing attack.

Then at Fan Fest it was the same old fugpoo offense.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if you actually look at the throws that Anderson made in his probowl season, it was not as radically different as the ones Clausen threw last year - the results, sure, very different. Attempt selection, though, was not nearly as large a gap as one would expect going from "Checkdown King" to "Vertical Offense." I'm not saying this is going to be the same old offense... It won't be... at all. But don't expect it to necessarily be San Diego reborn. We've got a stable of amazing running backs(not to mention a QB we clearly want to run), and if we don't run them, I'd be astonished. Some of this board are going to cry holy hell if we aren't airing it out every down I suspect, but our offense is going to be strong and balanced in that it will be capable of running or (hopefully) passing.

ultimately Jimmy's problem is likely confidence... maybe in his arm, maybe his receivers... maybe just in himself...

it does seem like he and Cam are both responding to each other, though. I don't care if Jimmy can't heave the ball 50 yards on his knees, as long as he can spread the defense out a bit... and we won't really know if he can do that until game time. The better he plays, the better Cam will have to play to replace him - and if Cam is half of what he says he is, he'll work his ass off to win his spot as the #1. I'm looking forward to some actual game time out of both of the guys, either way.

Thats all it is...If Cam has a Below average season this year...Look for a lot of "We should trade all our picks to get Andrew Luck" bull crap....Homer's will never understand patience when it comes to their team....:cool:

Much like the people who have written Clausen off after one season. Kid was thrown in to the worst possible situation as a rookie. Yes, he sucked....and might NOT be a NFL QB. But, everyone is now ready to give Cam patience.

I find it quite ironic.

Much like the people who have written Clausen off after one season. Kid was thrown in to the worst possible situation as a rookie. Yes, he sucked....and might NOT be a NFL QB. But, everyone is now ready to give Cam patience.

I find it quite ironic.

Cam is a number 1 pick of course they're gonna be patient with him. And by the looks of it Clausen still can't throw the deep ball.

I find it quite ironic.

Very true but most #1 overall picks are given a little more money than a second round pick so more is invested. Plus a #1 pick usually is the #1 pick bc a team thinks he will be special. Not sure anyone thought Clausen would be special and are even less convinced after the most NFL ready QB in last year's draft had 0 plays of real note last season in, if I remember correctly, 11 starts.

But you basic point is very true and even though I am a Hugger I hope Clausen plays great this year.

daringantt Darin Gantt

A QB doesn't get any better throwing to a bunch of undrafted rookies who aren't going to be around much longer. Naanee knows where to be.

21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

daringantt Darin Gantt

Naanee signing doesn't mean they aren't looking for CBs. Again, with so much riding on Cam being ready, having reliable WR reps is huge.

22 minutes ago

Very true but most #1 overall picks are given a little more money than a second round pick so more is invested. Plus a #1 pick usually is the #1 pick bc a team thinks he will be special. Not sure anyone thought Clausen would be special and are even less convinced after the most NFL ready QB in last year's draft had 0 plays of real note last season in, if I remember correctly, 11 starts.

But you basic point is very true and even though I am a Hugger I hope Clausen plays great this year.

Agreed.

From what I am reading, I am still nervous with Cam. He seems to have the guts to make the deep throws. However, he is being careless and cavalier. If he keeps that up in the season, he is going to be an interception machine.

Clausen needs to take more chances.....CAm needs to ratchet it back and understand that the defenses he will be playing against are 100X better than ANYTHING he has ever seen.

Still hope that one steps up and distances himself.

I find it quite ironic.

Why must we have this same argument everyday? Stop trying to compare a #1 overall pick to a 2nd rounder. If I have to tell you the difference, then you don't know the workings of the NFL. Pro Sports for that matter!

Archived