• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/4 Updates

Ruff

josephperson Joe Person

Panthers protected themselves w/ Thomas Davis, coming off 2 ACLs. Davis gets a $7million signing bonus and $1mill base this yr. Next year...

josephperson Joe Person

by March, Panthers will have to decide whether to exercise an $8million club option for the next four years.

carolinagrowl Steve Reed

Rivera hoping to get “eight starters” back on defense tonight: Assuming the CBA deal is completed

”We have a number of guys that are out, particularly on the defensive side,” Rivera said of the team’s free agents and players who’ve signed contract extensions. “We’ve really only had three guys that have been starters on the defensive side working, so the other eight I’m excited to watch.”

Of course now I’m trying to figure out who he considers the three starters.

By my count it’s four, possibly five starters that have been practicing.

Cornerbacks Chris Gamble and Captain Munnerlyn have been practicing along with safeties Sherrod Martion and Charles Godfrey. Also, rookie defensive tackle Terrell McClain has been practicing. Gamble has been sick for the last three days so Rivera might be talking about him as one of the so-called starters who haven’t been practicing. Also, does his comment mean taht he views Greg Hardy, who has not been practicing due to a motorcycle accident, is the starter over Everette Brown, who has been practicing

- Reederstake/Carolina Growl

For everybody saying we could have got AE in the 4th or 5th round, how do you know? Because your Street & Smith Draft Preview magazine told you so? Not saying that Hurney has perfect information about how high he has to move up to get a particular player, but I'm sure his information is just as good as ours, probably better. If AE contributes, it's a good pick.

They dont know, they just think they know. I'll say it again, the more the average fan "thinks" they know about the NFL, especially behind the scenes, the more ignorant they actually are.

Hurney made that trade because he was convinced that AE wouldn't be available at their next pick. A number of teams after that pick all had expressed interest in him and Hurney wanted to make sure he landed him. I'm pretty sure some Observer story named the Colts specifically but I think it also said other teams were interested in him too. I'm honestly not sure, it's been a year since I read about it... either way, I think that if we hadn't made that trade, AE wouldn't be a Panther.

if AE develops into a solid starter, I'll be happy with the trade. If he continues to develop as he has so far, I think we're going to have really come out ahead on the trade and look pretty good because he's shown so much improvement from last year now that he has a staff interested in him and a year under his belt at his new positions, I'm hopeful things will turn out well for him.

Dont know if it has been posted yet.

carolinagrowl Steve Reed

Sounds like the Panthers will evaluate what they have at CB then make a decision on whether or not to bring someone else in.

1 hour ago

I guess they want to see what they have when all of the starters are out there.

There has been talk of the Asante trade all day on NFLN. (Not to Carolina, just talking about should/shouldn't he be traded.)

For everyyone still bitching about the trade...

You do know that it is a group of people that setup the draft board?

Every player has a certain value to the team. Dont expect that value to be the same as your value for the same player. It simply won't be.

If edwards becomes a solid player for us, than the pick was worth it.

But dont let those facts get in the way of your blind hatred for hurney/edwards/whatever.

Archived