• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will..

unicar15

On another note, I like Matt Moore a lot and hope he develops to the degree that he can be a starter.

It will never happen. If he even develops to the point where he is a serviceable

3rd stringer I will be shocked.

There is no reason to believe that Moore won't develop into a starter. We are actually doing what we should with him. Developing him over time and not forcing him to play before he is ready. He got a good taste in 2007 and now he has a new quarterback coach who did a good job with Anderson in 2007. There is definitely hope that Moore will be the next starter here. The fact that he is not a first rounder doesn't affect his future potential.

Smitty had 300 yards and 4 TDs in 2 1/2 games with Smitty. He had 700 yards and 3 Tds in the remaining 12 1/2 games (he sat out one game). As you mention he was a lot more productive with Jake than anyone else. Without Jake's great start, Smitty wouldn't have made 1000 yards. With Jake he was on pace for at least 1800 yards and 15 TDs

Thats a great stat but I don't judge a QB solely on how many yards and catches his best receiver has. Smith is good enough to put those numbers up with Sage Rosenfels throwing the ball to him.

There is no reason to believe that Moore won't develop into a starter. We are actually doing what we should with him. Developing him over time and not forcing him to play before he is ready. He got a good taste in 2007 and now he has a new quarterback coach who did a good job with Anderson in 2007. There is definitely hope that Moore will be the next starter here. The fact that he is not a first rounder doesn't affect his future potential.

There is quite a bit of reason to believe that Moore wont develop into a starter, or a 2nd stringer for that matter.

Much like Basanez, he simply lacks the talent or ability to play at this level, and its kind of embarrassing that the Panthers keep putting their faith in these scrubs instead of trying to develop an NFL caliber QB.

Thats a great stat but I don't judge a QB solely on how many yards and catches his best receiver has. Smith is good enough to put those numbers up with Sage Rosenfels throwing the ball to him.

Everybody keeps saying that, but so far, Matt Moore is the only other QB that has even come close to getting the same production out of Smitty that Jake gets. And half of our fanbase has already given up on Moore, because of a couple of bad pre season games where he spent most of his time running for his life instead of reading defenses.

There is no evidence to prove that or disprove that. But in the end if you listen to Smitty himself he admits that no one else can get him the ball like Jake does. And no one that has played for us has been successful getting the ball to Smith except for Jake. That includes Testeverde, Carr, Moore, Weinke and whoever. Even when Weinke threw for 400 yards against the Giants, Smith got only 5 catches and 67 yards.

There is quite a bit of reason to believe that Moore wont develop into a starter, or a 2nd stringer for that matter.

Much like Basanez, he simply lacks the talent or ability to play at this level, and its kind of embarrassing that the Panthers keep putting their faith in these scrubs instead of trying to develop an NFL caliber QB.

Evidence he can play was that in 2007 he started 3 games against playoff teams and he did fairly well.

Against Seattle he went 19 of 27 for 208 yards, a percentage completion of 70% and a passer of 93.

Against Dallas he went 15 of 28 for 182 yards, a 53.6% completion rate and a passer rating of 70.8.

Against Tampa Bay he went 15 of 24 for 174 yards, a 62% completion rate and a passer rating of 95.

All of this without preseason or training camp and very few reps until a week or so before he became the starter.

What possible evidence do you have that he can't be a starter?

Compare that to Brady Quinn or a number of backups in their third year and tell me how they have more potential to be a starter.

Again lets look at reality instead of opinion and speculation with no factual basis.

There is no evidence to prove that or disprove that. But in the end if you listen to Smitty himself he admits that no one else can get him the ball like Jake does. And no one that has played for us has been successful getting the ball to Smith except for Jake. That includes Testeverde, Carr, Moore, Weinke and whoever. Even when Weinke threw for 400 yards against the Giants, Smith got only 5 catches and 67 yards.

Evidence he can play was that in 2007 he started 3 games against playoff teams and he did fairly well.

Against Seattle he went 19 of 27 for 208 yards, a percentage completion of 70% and a passer of 93.

Against Dallas he went 15 of 28 for 182 yards, a 53.6% completion rate and a passer rating of 70.8.

Against Tampa Bay he went 15 of 24 for 174 yards, a 62% completion rate and a passer rating of 95.

All of this without preseason or training camp and very few reps until a week or so before he became the starter.

What possible evidence do you have that he can't be a starter?

Compare that to Brady Quinn or a number of backups in their third year and tell me how they have more potential to be a starter.

Again lets look at reality instead of opinion and speculation with no factual basis.

I mean of course he's going to say that because they work together every day in practice. There is nothing to compare the production to because Jake is the only one that has ever thrown to Smitty for more than a few games in a row.

And saying that we should look at it with a perspective of reality instead of speculation is meaningless because all we have is speculation. There is no alternate reality with this situation because like I said they have been together their entire careers.

Not here to debate Delhomme...just saying that I find it funny that teams like the Pats and the Colts are drafting successors to the two best QBs in recent memory (same age as our present QB) and we haven't done anything more than sign an undrafted rookie.

I mean of course he's going to say that because they work together every day in practice. There is nothing to compare the production to because Jake is the only one that has ever thrown to Smitty for more than a few games in a row.

And saying that we should look at it with a perspective of reality instead of speculation is meaningless because all we have is speculation. There is no alternate reality with this situation because like I said they have been together their entire careers.

Not here to debate Delhomme...just saying that I find it funny that teams like the Pats and the Colts are drafting successors to the two best QBs in recent memory (same age as our present QB) and we haven't done anything more than sign an undrafted rookie.

What was Cassel? Seventh rounder, Brady 6th rounder. So don't believe that New England is drafting in the first few rounds for their next starter. Drafting in the seventh round versus being undrafted is not very different.

Other than Manning for Indy, what about Sorgi? Picked in the sixth round in 2004.

Where are these high draft pick quarterbacks that New England and Indianpolis have drafted lately? Working someone out is very different than drafting them.

Moose has as much potential as Cassel if he is developed properly.

What was Cassel? Seventh rounder, Brady 6th rounder. So don't believe that New England is drafting in the first few rounds for their next starter. Drafting in the seventh round versus being undrafted is not very different.

Other than Manning for Indy, what about Sorgi? Picked in the sixth round in 2004.

Where are these high draft pick quarterbacks that New England and Indianpolis have drafted lately? Working someone out is very different than drafting them.

Moose has as much potential as Cassel if he is developed properly.

NE drafted a QB in the 3rd round last year I think..The O'Connell kid.

Archived