• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will..

unicar15

People can say what they want about Moore but what I saw in the few games he played was a guy with great pocket awareness AND a guy who can spread the ball around. I guarantee you Dallass is kicking themselves for letting him get taken from them. They tried to hide him on the practice squad. Jake just stands in the pocket and the ball gets stripped or he gets sacked.

People can say what they want about Moore but what I saw in the few games he played was a guy with great pocket awareness AND a guy who can spread the ball around. I guarantee you Dallass is kicking themselves for letting him get taken from them. They tried to hide him on the practice squad. Jake just stands in the pocket and the ball gets stripped or he gets sacked.

Moore is definitely a lot more mobile than Jake and has better pocket awareness. He looked comfortable rolling outside of the pocket as well. Not saying that he has the athleticism or mobility of someone like Garcia, but it adds another dimension to his skillset as a passer.

As far as I'm concerned, there is a LOT of revisionist history going on around here when it comes to Jake Delhomme. To say that he was bad all season long is just plain ignorant. There is nobody here who can honestly say that they saw that play off disaster coming either. The guy had three really bad games out of 17...other than that, he was pretty solid all year long, including all of those "big" December games.

Having said that, It wouldn't bother me a bit if Fox announced that the QB position is an open competition this summer. I don't see anybody out there who would be anymore competition for Delhomme than what we already have on the roster though, unless the Broncos change their mind about trading Cutler.

In other words, it's crazy to blame the Panthers for not going after another QB, when there aren't any available in the first place.

And who is it that does drafting, scouting, and player contracts again? I'm pretty sure that's the front office. Much of our defensive talent, almost our entire offensive line, and all of our backs are homegrown. Listening to you though, we've got Al Davis and Matt Millen calling the shots. They draft(ed) skill position almost every time just like everyone wants, too.

NFL.com has this service called Game Rewind where you can drop $5 and watch any NFL game in its entirety for a week. I've been rewatching our games again, and I'm seriously considering starting jakedelhommedoesntsuckasbadasyouremember.com and doing a pass-by-pass breakdown of every game this season. To say that he looked like a fool the majority of the season is ridiculous hyperbole, but that's pretty much been your thing since you've been here now hasn't it? We had a 100 yard rusher twice during the first eight games of the season, yet we went 6-2. One of those was owed to DeAngelo running out the clock at garbage time against Arizona. That was also around the time when we were averaging the most false starts in the league and some of the longest yards to go on third down in the league as well. Stewart was our hammer at the goal line and we were averaging about 21 points a game, but who was moving the ball between the 20s? Nobody is going to deny that he had horrible games, but 9 of his 12 regular season INTs came in three games. "Majority of the season"?

I think the reason most people either A. don't take you seriously or B. want to argue with you is because of poo like this. I've been reading your posts for a long time, and you almost never have anything even remotely constructive to say. Just that the front office sucks (despite massive evidence to the contrary) and the wheels are destined to fall off every season.

I've been here almost four years now. I've read a lot of stupid poo on this forum over the years, and it just seems like people never learn. Fox and Hurney were morons in 2006 for not starting Chris Weinke, then they were idiots for not starting Carr in 2007, then they were idiots for trading back into the first round in 2008, and now they're idiots again for not cutting Delhomme and signing some bum out of FA or blowing our entire draft on Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez. Sure thing, sit Jake's ass down if there's someone better out there that would be a better week one starter than him. Who would that be, though? Rex Grossman?

Three years after Chris Weinke's three starts, we still have an equal mix of noobs and others who have been here long enough to know better shouting "anyone but Delhomme". This place is going to implode again the minute Delhomme throws an interception during the preseason, I can easily see it.

Again London...you are wrong.

Last season I praised the FO. I posted time and time again why I thought they did a hell of a job. From the vets they acquired to the draft moves that most posters disliked, I vehemently defended them. From the Brayton acquisition to the "mortgaging" of the future, I sided with them and not only posted about it but contributed a piece to a local mag here that was published.

So obviously you are lying about reading my posts. Try again.

yes the FO is responsible for those things you mentioned but don't try to save yourself. You fvcked up and talked outta yer a55 and now are just backpedaling with all the "homegrown" "contract negotiation" and "scouting" bullshi+.

that's your second lie

and as far as you "proving" Joke does not suck. That is what you lame-a55 Joke apologists have been doing since I got here. One stupid stat after another to back up why this guy should get another pass. All in spite of what you see right in front of your face. The facts that any intelligent person can derive from watching this last season is that Jake struggled...with arguably the best rushing attack in the league. He got bailed out against Green Bay and was lucky to not have lost to the two worst teams in the league. He played poor against poor teams and he blew it when it matered most.

you post all the pass by pass bullshi+ you want to. It doesn't matter. I guarantee I have watched them more than you have.

So you have now lied twice in producing your latest diatribe of delusion and nonsensical gibberish and concluded with calling me negative.

I laugh at that last part because I obviously look at it different than you. I have been very vocal about what I don't like and have eaten crow when forced too. I have jumped on his bandwagon when all signs tell me not to and gotten burned and made a fool of again. I'm through.

You on the other hand are going to pay $5 a game. Diagram the perceived pros and cons over countless hours and countless "judgement calls" biased by your own lame-a55 opinions. Then start a website and jump on your soap box all in effort to prove why we need to hold on to sucha loser.

NOW who is doing more damage....me or you?

As far as I'm concerned, there is a LOT of revisionist history going on around here when it comes to Jake Delhomme. To say that he was bad all season long is just plain ignorant. There is nobody here who can honestly say that they saw that play off disaster coming either. The guy had three really bad games out of 17...other than that, he was pretty solid all year long, including all of those "big" December games.

Having said that, It wouldn't bother me a bit if Fox announced that the QB position is an open competition this summer. I don't see anybody out there who would be anymore competition for Delhomme than what we already have on the roster though, unless the Broncos change their mind about trading Cutler.

In other words, it's crazy to blame the Panthers for not going after another QB, when there aren't any available in the first place.

:iagree:

That's the solid statement right there. It's easy to say Delhomme must go. Who is the replacement, Shane Falco?...

I do hope there's an open competition this year, that would be a good thing, but looking for a QB in FA or the draft is worthless, it won't produce and will waste a lot of time...

That's the solid statement right there. It's easy to say Delhomme must go. Who is the replacement, Shane Falco?...

I do hope there's an open competition this year, that would be a good thing, but looking for a QB in FA or the draft is worthless, it won't produce and will waste a lot of time...

Nope! Johnny Utah!

That is easy to say and easy to agree with. It's also been said the last two seasons but good QB's have emerged regardless.

I may be mistaken but this thread was started showing how ironic it is for a team with the likes of Manning were working out first round talent but the Panthers are not doing anything about the QB.

In that reference the Panthers deserve all the ribbing bestowed upon them IMO.

If they do not open the competition this camp at the very least, they need to be hooked to a lie detector and asked if they are colluding with any other NFC franchises.:D

That is easy to say and easy to agree with. It's also been said the last two seasons but good QB's have emerged regardless.

I may be mistaken but this thread was started showing how ironic it is for a team with the likes of Manning were working out first round talent but the Panthers are not doing anything about the QB.

If they do not open the competition this camp at the very least, they need to be hooked to a lie detector and asked if they are colluding with any other NFC franchises.:D

That's my take and I'll stand by it. But I do get your Indy comment, that's telling...

Yea, they also realize that Manning won't play forever, which is more than what the fans here seem to realize.

Jake4life/gangsign

They also drafted a WR in the first round, also realizing Harrison wouldn't play forever, imagine that.

WR is a bad example...they are always drafting O skill guys high. When they had Harrison last year I believe they had 3 1st round WRs a 1st round TE and a 1st round RB.

That said, I doubt they would draft that Sanchez guy in round 1 at this point. Perhaps they are looking to replace Sorgi if one of those QBs fall since Sorgi's contract is up after this season I think I read. I wouldn't expect them actually to be looking for Manning's replacement YET anyway...he probably has about 5 years or so left and this QB class is weak. Working out does not equal drafting, not having anything reported in the press does not equal NOT drafting/not having a plan.

The real point is, is that it's a good idea to draft or get Jakes replacement before Jake needs replacing.

It may or may not be Moore, but having the replacement in place ahead of the need for replacement is key.

I feel we can do better than what we have on our roster, so I don't think that person is Moore.

Yea, they also realize that Manning won't play forever, which is more than what the fans here seem to realize.

Jake4life/gangsign

They also drafted a WR in the first round, also realizing Harrison wouldn't play forever, imagine that.

It's fun to watch the process of how a winning organization...wins.

They are working out Sanchez while Manning is in his prime. We are saddling up Joke Delhomme after his worst game ever.

The real point is, is that it's a good idea to draft or get Jakes replacement before Jake needs replacing.

It may or may not be Moore, but having the replacement in place ahead of the need for replacement is key.

I feel we can do better than what we have on our roster, so I don't think that person is Moore.

I can't argue with that. I guess the thing we don't know is IF they have anything planned on that score. My guess is that to date, they seem to feel fine with McCown or Moore, though even then it's hard to say because as we all know, no one is signed for 2010 which could point to a move at some juncture this offseason.

Archived