• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton to Start Friday

ncmonzta

there are actually a ton of us who are reasonable and agree with everything MadHatter said, but if you don't prefix everything with the first four sentences he said there, it turns into some stupid argument... which is silly. the vast majority of people who might be mistakenly labeled as "hugger" or "hater" are actually pretty reasonable. there is a small minority of people on both sides who are nuts but really there are very few who are really huggers or haters anymore. Even TRD has said good things about the guy, he just refuses to caveat every statement he makes with them :P

I don't really think so. There weren't that many overreactions to him last week, and the reality is that most of us are aware enough not to get too crazy about preseason.

Now, if he starts against Arizona, people might freak out one way or the other.

Don't ge tme wrong. I like what I see in Cam. He has a great attitude....great work ethic...a cannon for an arm. I think he will improve every time he plays. But, he has a long way to go to be a very good NFL QB.

I agree completely.

Even though he has a long way to go.....I still think he will make us more competive this season than anyone else on the roster.

I also think based on our QB roster.....he unfortunately learns more by playing than sitting.

I have said it before....I don't know if it is so much about being fair to Clausen but simply making Cam go through the process of winning it. Cam is there guy....and that doesn't it a true competition.

the coaching staff WANTS Cam to take it because they drafted him, they want him to be great. As for the competition, they do NOT want to just hand him the job, that's why it's a competition.

Unfortuantely no one told Ricky to "Just Say NO to Drugs!" It's pretty bad when you choose getting high over the NFL!

:sifone: I thought we had a dreadlocks smiley?

hahaha, well i was talking about the year when they traded for Ricky. the year the Dolphins traded for Ricky was the year where he broke out and if i am right led the league in rushing yards. now he did have the pot issues, but that was after about 2 years of being really good in Miami and turning his pro career around.

Brees had talent

if you would've said that in the year that right when Rivers was drafted, Chargers fans would've laughed at you. Brees came out of nowhere and fixed his career, before his breakout year, he wasnt consistant and was at times benched for Doug Flutie. Not saying Clausen is Brees, but just saying, i wouldnt say that this guy has talent and this guy doesnt, you never know. who would've thought that Kurt Warner would be a Super Bowl winner?? it can happen, will it, likely not, but i never say never when it comes to football.

Football might be a LOT different from our jobs, but in concept its not.

Remember your 1st day at your new job? Your 1st week, 3rd, 4th, 1st year, ect?

Like anything new, when you first start you are uncomfortable, on eadge trying to do all the right things, learn those folks around you and how they are and such..

Well Cam is in the same situation. He is the superstar college grad that just showed up to a new job.

His boss expects great things from him, but also understand there will be a learning curve, mistakes made, and it will take time for him to grow into the vision of the person he hired.

The same goes for Cam. No matter how good he looks, he WILL make mistakes, he will question his decisions, and he will learn from them.

It just takes time.

Now the impact that those mistakes might have on him or our season are yet to be seen. Some rookie QB's who get thrown in right away get damaged by being thrown into the fire and never recover. Others (manning-rothisburger-favre,ect) learned from their mistakes and moved on.

One thing is certain, no matter what, this time next year we will not be wondering what we have in Cam Newton.

Archived