• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Plan to Contact Eagles

NJPanthers12

I call bs for the simple fact that they didn't go after a CB the entire FA period. Why give up a 2nd rounder now after all that talent was available to be bought?

Because they didn't realize how bad the situation actually was?

I agree but all of our talent are 7th round draft picks or undrafted free agents.

Munnerlyn 7th round

McClain 7th Round

Stanford 7th Round

CJ Wilson 7th Round

Burney Undrafted

Eventually we need to get someone with talent. It is rare that undrafted free agents and 7th round picks turn into great talents, and we are banking on 5 of them to pan out.

touche batman.

maybe the eagles will give us nnamdi for a 2nd:smilielol5:

they are intentially weak at LB...not that they want to be weak...they just don't think it's a big deal because it's a passing league. the only thing they did is announce to the league, though, that they aren't going to put much effort into stopping the run because no one does it anymore. thats an invitation to get abused.

they'll find out soon enough.

that said, i don't want us to be trading away connor for a while. not until beason is healthy.

Yeah, I don't think they care about being soft at LB. Especially with Lofa available.

hell, some of us on this very board did and its not even our job..

Maybe the coaching staff thought the group could've gotten better after the horrible last year, because they definitely got reps.

But, as free agency passed, then came training camp, then came preseason games, and we really started to see how bad the DBs actually are.

I'll play along. Not really fond of giving up a 2nd for Samuels. He would have to restructure his deal also. CB seems to be pretty deep in next years draft and it will be cheap. But if they feel they are that weak and want the defense to help Cam with field position I would kick the tires. Wait to see who gets cut first though.

I have been saying this for a while if Hardy pans out at DE this team 1 CB, DT, and WR away from being a great team.

Next year there is so much talent at WR early on in the draft, so if you can get Samuel and then draft an Ashlon Jeffrey from South Carolina or someone like that, then this team is 1 DT in free agency away from making some serious noise.

Archived