• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson Lucky?

Starscream

Anderson flat out gives us the best chance to win this year! He is a pro-bowler where as our other options are a never-will-be and a could-be-a-bust. Let Cam sit on the side lines and come out in two to three like an Aaron Rogers. This isn't rocket science.

Still, even if he doesn't get the start.. he will def get a chance to prove himself when we are 0-10.

The way this year seems to be shaping up, we can either:

1) Send our ill-prepared #1 overall draft pick into certain disaster, to be yanked off the field to boos somewhere around game 3 or;

2) Send a vet out there, who's more game ready and who's basicailly fodder anyway, and who might scratch out a win or two until the time is right to trot out our #1 overall to great cheers.

not lucky... just experienced. Thats how he should look in a offense he saw success in. The question is can he sustain that success. I think he's a perfect back-up and mentor for Cam to learn from. But Cam Newton totally changes the game... and He's getting better with every game.

The way this year seems to be shaping up, we can either:

1) Send our ill-prepared #1 overall draft pick into certain disaster, to be yanked off the field to boos somewhere around game 3 or;

2) Send a vet out there, who's more game ready and who's basicailly fodder anyway, and who might scratch out a win or two until the time is right to trot out our #1 overall to great cheers.

that's exactly what I'm talking about... you throw Cam out there to start with and its Jimmy take two and then Andrew Luck (possible Jimmy take three).. does anyone else see us turning into the Detroit Lions.. Start Anderson

Cam is the only QB on the roster who has a chance of taking this team off the porch and rolling with the big dogs.

DA looked good, but he is still DA, and there is a reason he is now playing for his third team. And, it's not because he is Kurt Warner. I do believe he is a solid #2 though. Clausen needs more time.

Cam is the only QB on the roster who has a chance of taking this team off the porch and rolling with the big dogs.

DA looked good, but he is still DA, and there is a reason he is now playing for his third team. And, it's not because he is Kurt Warner. I do believe he is a solid #2 though. Clausen needs more time.

I noticed there was no mention of a time frame...this year namely.

Agreed, but it's going to take some time and this team can't carry him right now. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if we give up 30 ppg.

I noticed there was no mention of a time frame...this year namely.

Well. it's a matter of philosophy and/or faith in Cam. It's really hard to put a time frame on it. We can put him out there running (figuratively, of course:D), take some lumps and gain valuable experience this year, while gaining more clarity of his true upside/potential. Or we can pretend that DA is going to take us to the postseason and let Cam observe & learn on the bench, ultimately passing up any opportunity at Andrew Luck (which we probably wouldn't take anyway, but would pretty much cause it to be impossible without knowing if Cam is a pretender or the real thing).

Honestly, I have gone back and forth, but, after seeing Cam tonight, I think we almost have to put him out there to see if he is our true future of the franchise. I think that he has enough athleticism to do alright, even if our O-line is suspect. Given adequate protection this year, I think he'll do better than the skeptics expect.

Chud's a factor, but the big question is the head coach. If he made up his mind weeks ago that Cam is the guy, then that's what it is. Anyone know his history on naming starters? Does he like to play it close to the vest or perhaps misdirect? I suspect Chud knows what Anderson is capable of, and the media really isn't all that clued in, and really pushed for him to be here, if only as a capable backup.

Archived