• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler should be a legit thought...

DelhommesTheMan

As a side note, we swapped picks with Seattle in the second round, for their 4th round pick.

They got Lofa Tatupu, we got Eric Shelton and Stephan Lefors. :(

God our scouting was terribad in 05... At least one good thing came out of that draft.

I agree that the team should look at trading for Cutler but I'm not convienced that we should give up that much for him. Cutler is a very good QB but also has some bad qualities as well. And I know that he now has his diabets under control but with that condition, how is that going to effect his ability to play in the NFL at a high level for 10+ years which is what you would want from a young frinchise type QB.

And while Moore doesn't have the experience that Cutler has, its not like the cuppard is bare in Carolina.

Kiper has something to say about the situation on NFL.com

"Kiper: Cassel > Cutler

Cutler's complaining came about because the Denver Broncos tried to trade Cutler in a three-team deal that would have brought over Matt Cassel from New England. But when the trade fell through, Cutler started to complain.

Highlights of some of Jay Cutler's best moments in 2008.

Kiper says Cassel would have been an "upgrade" over Cutler and that Cutler is, to put it mildly, overrated.

"[Cutler] throws one pass, he's a Hall of Famer," Kiper says. "I've seen the media put him in the Hall of Fame. I had to run to the bathroom quick. It was making me ill. I've been hearing this overhype. "

I dont agree with this whatsover...it takes a few seasons for a QB have the game slow down for them...unless of course your Alex Smith and just plain suck..But nontheless let guys like Kiper bash him, and let the Broncos give him to us for cheaper...

And that trade is every bit the reason the Giants one the Super Bowl..Who was the MVP again? Oh yea ELi Manning...Giants stumped the Chargers in actuality...Giants are the best team in the NFC, and are a better team than SD even after losing all those picks.

Hmmm...can't agree on that since IMO that trade isn't why the NYG won the SB or why the Chargers haven't won one.

I don't think Eli was the reason why the Giants got to the Super Bowl or why the Giants were in position to win the game but Eli's performance at the end of the game was the reason why they won the game. Not sure how that effects this discussion though.

I remember watching Denver's offense at the beginning of the year and thinking, wow Cutler is going to be breaking out! He would hit B Marsh with pinpoint over the shoulder passes...He was hot! Once teams realized they had no RB's to worry about they went downhill and just played the pass. Not too mention there defense sucked!

I don't think Eli was the reason why the Giants got to the Super Bowl or why the Giants were in position to win the game but Eli's performance at the end of the game was the reason why they won the game. Not sure how that effects this discussion though.

Eli played good efficient football in those playoffs..I am not taking anything away from him. I think that's what you want from a QB (I don't think it's necessary to SPEND that on one to get that type of performance but that's another discussion). BUT...if you watch that last drive I think you will see two dropped/missed INTS as well as the impossible helmet catch.

On Cutler, if you read the comments with the article, it seems that more Broncos fans are getting a bit upset with his attitude than they were before when all this first broke.

How is Cutler's arm??

Is he more like a Chad Pennington "water pistol" or more like a Tom Brady "Cannon"???

Can he sling it down the field to Smithy for a 65 yarder TD??

Don't you know? Cutler said his arm was stronger than Elway's. This caused a few eyebrows to raise this past season.

Whether or not his arm is stronger than Elway's arm, Cutler indeed does have a cannon. And, he is accurate more times than not. He can get happy at times trying to force the ball into coverage, but this can be corrected.

Archived