• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some turd from SI.com mentioned the Panthers in his "20 bold predictions"

Brokenbad

we are a young ass team that has 5 weeks under our belts in a totally new system with a rookkie QB and rookies across our defensive front. Hate to break it to you, but it's going to be hard to win games. If we had a full off season, things would be much different.

agreed. if we double last year's wins i'd consider it a success. .500 the following year and a shot at the playoffs in year 3 with this new team. it's easy to get excited, but be realistic.

i'm excited about the possibility of being back in the playoff hunt in a couple of years!! but thinking we're going to make the playoffs this year, or be .500, is just letting yourself get too carried away. thats fun to do in the off season, but the season is started, its time to come back to earth.

I never claimed to be earthbound. So here's my take. If I expect Cam to be the offense this year then yeah we win 1+nothing, but we do have other options. Namely a stable of the best RBs in the league and a OL that can block. We have what should be a very good short passing game with two excellant TEs and receivers out of backfield who can turn shorts into longs. Add to this Smitty and Tutu on occasion and you have a very good O unless you try to make Cam the center piece. Oh yeah we have a QB that could be very dangerous in bootleg type plays. Unless we are up aganst top Ds every week there is no way we will not make a good showing every week. 7 wins at least.

Revera is a fine D mind and along with the DC will bring more than expected on that side of the ball. Not great but enuff to limit some teams to less than our O produces.

This becomes obvious this Sunday.

Ive heard this parrotted before but my feeling is that

unfortunatley the majority of the other teams in the NFL will also be a lot more competitive in the second half versus the first and because they also have a shot at the playoffs as well , the have a lot more worth busting their humps for to get there than we do to play spoilers

with injuries I see the 2nd half of the season growing more dismal

What you fail to recognize is that teams like Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa, and Houston are not making big changes regarding the QB, coaches, and scheme. The most drastic is Houston who is going to a 3-4. So they have a natural advantage in the first half of the season. That advantage diminishes as the season proceeds and teams like the Panthers with new everything gains experience and develops chemistry. So while all teams may improve as the year progresses, it won't be as big an improvement as the Panthers who are starting so many rookies and very young guys. So in comparison we are improving signifcantly more than teams who were already more complete to start with. Then you mention our injuries without mentioning injuries elsewhere. Several teams in our division have been lucky to remain healthy the past few years. A key injury to any of their quarterrbacks would submarine their seasons in a big way.

No we will win 2 out of the first 8 and then win 3 of our final 8 including at least 1 if not 2 in our division in the second half.

Feel free to parrot that.

Archived