• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones Visiting Titans

Delhommey

The Titans on Thursday hosted return man Mark Jones, a former University of Tennessee star who played last season with the Panthers.

Advertisement

The team is continuing to explore its options in the event Chris Carr leaves in free agency.

Jones played at Tampa Bay and the New York Giants prior to joining the Panthers in 2008.

In his career he has just 2 catches for 32 yards -- both catches coming last season. He has been primarily a return man instead. A year ago Jones averaged 24.0 yards on 40 returns. The fifth-year pro has a career average of 24.2 yards.

"I think they are just trying to take a look at him in the event Carr signed somewhere else,'' said agent Brian Levy, who represents Jones. "I've talked to some other teams about him, so we'll see.''

Also on Thursday, cornerback Eric Green agreed to terms with the Miami Dolphins. Green visited the Titans last week on a free agency visit.

In addition to Jones, the Titans also remain interested in return man Justin Miller, who also visited with team officials last week. Miller played last season the the Jets and Raiders.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090312/SPORTS01/90312065/1027

Ha...I thought this was another Jones...I thought Tenn. lost their mind.

Mark is a solid player, I just don't think he was ever in our long terms plans and was only here because RR got hurt. Fox still sees it as his job and Jones is just an afterthought.

Mmmmm, Carr...

As crappy as oaktown has been the past few years, he excelled at KR. I think he's just a decent CB. He is small but he's hella fast.

Wiki: In 2006 he became the Raiders all-time leader in kickoff returns with a total of 142 for 3,514 yards.

As crappy as oaktown has been the past few years, he excelled at KR. I think he's just a decent CB. He is small but he's hella fast.

Wiki: In 2006 he became the Raiders all-time leader in kickoff returns with a total of 142 for 3,514 yards.

Yes, that's where I was thinking more than CB...

Archived