• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trip To Car vs Ari Game

Carolina Mike II

Just wanted to write about my Journey I went through to go to the Carolina Panthers Game this weekend. It was one hell of a ride!

It all started on the 1st with my pay having a "clerical error". (Oops!) After a few calls I'm told "We will fix it on the 15th pay check." So the money I was going to use to get tickets was not there. But seeing how my birthday is this week My Father-in-law called and said "I have bought you some tickets for the game." (Wooo Hooo!!) So I request days off....everything is looking good, until one of the guys at works grandfather dies. I get a call that my leave is canceled. (EEK!) After working with the schedule I find a way to work and still get the weekend off. (That was close!)

Saturday Morning, on the road!

Car is packed (with 03 flashlights which will be important latter) and as I fill up with gas I notice my Military Sticker (the one that allows you to get on any Military base) has either "fallen off" or some one took it! (CRAP-O-LA!!) Being I made reservations at an Air Force Base Hotel I have to have the sticker to get on the base. I make the trip to Ft Bliss and get issued a new sticker. (That would have sucked, but it worked out!)

Delayed but still going to the game!

Arrive in Tucson, AZ and get the Hotel card (key) for the room. Walk into the room and it is like a small apartment rather than a hotel room. (things looking up!) Ouch!!! Look behind me only to see my son had fallen. Somehow he got his flip-flops stuck in the door and fell forward screaming as if he broke his foot! So I got to visit the local ER in Tucson, AZ. Foot was not broken but sprained and hyper-extended. (poor guy). At this time we was starving so Panda Express to the rescue. (OMG WORST EVER!! like BARF BAD!!)

Weather advisory on radio.....Hmmmm....Sounds like they might get a little rain here...No big deal! Back to the Hotel room. Let the rain begin!! Light in the hotel flicker but nothing to abnormal in strong storms...Right??

Father-in-Law calls says he just so happens to be driving through Tuscon, AZ so we decide to go see him at a truck stop. FLASH FLOOD!! Stuck in the storm of the century for Tucson! Streets covered in water as if a Hurricane went through. Great visit, but tired and ready for a nice warm shower.

It is ALWAYS funny when you drive into the parking lot of a hotel and see NO LIGHTS on for blocks around. Thank God the doors electronic key entry has a one time use after the power goes out! I called the front office and was told "The power will be back on in 15 mins." @2am DAD / MOM My stomach hurts! Sick kid with no power was LOTS of fun! By the next morning at check-out they said "Sorry the power NEVER came back on." (Good thing I had those flashlights!!)

On the way to the Game: Got lost, given directions to the wrong stadium (You know the place they played a few years back before the new stadium..lol) Thank goodness a gas station guy helped us out.

Made it to the Game (Hallelujah!!)

19146446.jpg

Tried to hook up with some of the Carolina Huddle guys at the game but due to the power being off at the hotel and my cell (car) charger being back at home.....Cell Phone died! Did meet up with JayFlip

80621508.jpg

Wish the Panthers would have won but it was a great game to be at!!

48562052.jpg

On the way home: What is this???

SAND STORM!!!!

87119281.jpg

Stop for food and headlights go out! (Can't see!!!) Luckily at 8:12 the guys at O'Reilly's Auto Parts were still inside (CLOSED at 8:00 pm) PLEASE HELP!!! Thank God they let us get the lights!

Made it Back!! (Finally Home) What a Trip!!

Only things I can remember..lol

Why 3 million people choose to live in that place is beyond me....

Ok, so maybe everyone doenst have a choice, but u have to figure at least a million do.

Affordability. A friend of mine lives in Phoenix, it really is a hell hole. The only place worse is LA.

Why 3 million people choose to live in that place is beyond me....

Ok, so maybe everyone doenst have a choice, but u have to figure at least a million do.

Says the guy who lives in fuging Louisiana(don't fully know if you live there but i'm just guessing). At least here you don't have to worry about houses being washed away...

Says the guy who lives in fuging Louisiana(don't fully know if you live there but i'm just guessing). At least here you don't have to worry about houses being washed away...

You guessed wrong Junior. I live in Charlotte. Im guessing youd like a little bit of that water.

But yeah, Id rather live in Louisiana. Hey, if you like the desert thats great. I just dont. Scottsdale is cool. Phoenix in the winter/spring is nice. But Dear God, ive spent time there in the summer months....

One thing i didnt like about PHX was that there really wasnt a downtown area. Why build that football stadium so far from the city center?

Archived