• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers, No Problem.

chknwing

And you clearly don't have a leg to stand on, or you wouldn't keep resorting to petty comments rather than an intellectual response.

"Dude, no, Pep is beast dog. You're clearly just stupid. Don't you know? Pep was the second overall draft pick and a face on a small market team. Clearly he's dominant over all those guys who yield better production than Pep year in and year out."

your butt is hurt. Stop posting, go to the hospital, get treated for the ass raping you've been taking, and move on with your life.

I'm not arguing this. The term "freak" and all this other stuff that gets applied to Pep because of his tangibles though, that's part of the issue.

People keep putting Peppers in a class of his own because he's a "freak", they then justify him when he fails to produce by saying he doesn't care.

I'm suggesting that maybe he cares, and that his tangibles are overrated. It seems like "common knowledge" that having great physical traits doesn't make you a great football player, then people go and place Peppers on a pedestool because of his physical traits without seeing that other's are outperforming him, which, to reiterate, they then go on to justify by saying "well he just wasn't playing hard"

Peppers is a freak. Peppers doesn't produce every week......very few can. Those guys are HOFers.

He tangibles aren't overrated. You can gameplan away from a DE.......we will do that this weekend. Even when a guy like Peppers has no impact...he really does.

Peppers is a freak. Peppers doesn't produce every week......very few can. Those guys are HOFers.

He tangibles aren't overrated. You can gameplan away from a DE.......we will do that this weekend.

I'm not saying his tangibles are overrated. I'm saying Peppers is overrated because of his tangibles. People can't comprehend that someone so physically gifted isn't the most dominating defensive player they have ever seen, so they create excuses for him. There have been plenty of great "freaks" in the league. Not all of them are any good. Any time someone talks about Peppers, they always say "man that guy is a freak!"

Noone ever says, man that guy gets to the QB all the time!

"Freak" is the only compliment he ever receives, and I'd say it's for good reason.

As I've said, his legend here is bigger than his performance, and I won't hold that against you guys. He was one of the first faces of this team, he's a Tarheel, so i can understand why people are so enamored with him

stop beating that drum. You have got to be a complete fuging idiot if you believe this.

Panthers are still a very young franchise. Most of us fans have been football fans longer than the panthers been around. I can't speak for you, but i can speak for myself and anybody that is my age or older...

Who cares he was a panther? Who cares he was a tarheel? That doesn't take anything away from peppers, and the fact that he is easily one of the best complete defensives ends in the game today.

I understand, you got your emotions involved, and it makes ya look like a complete idiot. Did peppers rape your gril in front of you?

Cause you sure act like he has.

I've been a football fan all my life. Far longer than the panther franchise has been around. Guess it makes it easier for me to be more unbiased towards players.

You have gone off spouting nothing but poo in this thread. For 3 pages at 40 posts a page....don't ya think ya taken enough beating for one day?

Don't admit you are wrong..i don't care..but dude...stop beating that busted drum of yours.

I'm not saying his tangibles are overrated. I'm saying Peppers is overrated because of his tangibles. People can't comprehend that someone so physically gifted isn't the most dominating defensive player they have ever seen, so they create excuses for him. There have been plenty of great "freaks" in the league. Not all of them are any good. Any time someone talks about Peppers, they always say "man that guy is a freak!"

Noone ever says, man that guy gets to the QB all the time!

"Freak" is the only compliment he ever receives, and I'd say it's for good reason.

Peppers is a freak and one of the top DEs/defensive players in the game. Not sure what you are arguing.

Charles Johnson will never get the "freak" label simply b/c he will never make the plays Peppers can and does.

lol at you beating the emotions drum. I've already made it clear I was very happy we didn't resign Peppers. No grudge about it. Glad we used the money on players who were more talented and more deserving like Beason. Then again, you may know it if you weren't so caught up in picking and choosing your battles, rather than being too scared to address the facts that have been presented in this thread. You're apparently a tad too scared to accept that someone couldn't not want us to overpay for a DE who the FO apparently didn't feel was as good as some fans do when it came down to it, so you conjure up the "emotions" nonsense and run with it. I'm all chill on this end, bro. You're the one who seems a tad too emotionally invested. Peppers donate to your sperm bank when you couldn't put out?

Peppers couldn't beat out Gross last year when we faced them (that is why his biggest plays against us came agaist our back up RT), and this year we have a healthy Otah on the right side. I really think Otah will maul Peppers, but that is just me. It will be interesting.

you mean the perenially hurt Otah?

Peppers is a freak and one of the top DEs/defensive players in the game. Not sure what you are arguing.

Charles Johnson will never get the "freak" label simply b/c he will never make the plays Peppers can and does.

In the NFL, the freak label is generally applied to someone who is extremely athletically gifted. Peppers fits that bill. Unfortunately for him, it doesn't stretch too much beyond that.

I think you just made the perfect illustration that most Huddlers struggle with, and that's the distinction between "athleticism" and actual talent.

Just because he is a 6'7"

Just because he is 280

Just because he is fast (though not very quick or explosive)

Does not make him a Top 5 DE in this league.

There are other DE's who do more with less, and that is the disappointment that is Julius Peppers.

Some people apparently can't differentiate between his measureables from his talent, so, as i said, they resort to making excuses for why he didn't live up to his athleticism.

In the NFL, the freak label is generally applied to someone who is extremely athletically gifted. Peppers fits that bill. Unfortunately for him, it doesn't stretch too much beyond that.

I think you just made the perfect illustration that most Huddlers struggle with, and that's the distinction between "athleticism" and actual talent.

Just because he is a 6'7"

Just because he is 280

Just because he is fast (though not very quick or explosive)

Does not make him a Top 5 DE in this league.

There are other DE's who do more with less, and that is the disappointment that is Julius Peppers.

Some people apparently can't differentiate between his measureables from his talent, so, as i said, they resort to making excuses for why he didn't live up to his athleticism.

Peppers is deemed a freak b/c of what he has done on a football field.....the type things other great DEs can't do. Nothing more. There are certain DEs who do specific things better who aren't as gifted.......I can't think of any current DEs that can do as many things as well as Peppers......that is why he is a freak.

Peppers is deemed a freak b/c of what he has done on a football field.....the type things other great DEs can't do. Nothing more. There are certain DEs who do specific things better who aren't as gifted.......I can't think of any current DEs that can do as many things as well as Peppers......that is why he is a freak.

Except this isn't true..There is nothing Peppers can do that other DE's in the NFL can't. I don't care if Peppers can play TE, or run an interception back for a TD. That isn't what i want in my DE. I prefer those "certain DE's who do specific things better" that you mentioned. Like, rushing the passer, or being a force in the run game, for instance. That's what I want in my DE's. There are at least 5 other guys who do those things better than Pep..

Except this isn't true..There is nothing Peppers can do that other DE's in the NFL can't. I don't care if Peppers can play TE, or run an interception back for a TD. That isn't what i want in my DE. I prefer those "certain DE's who do specific things better" that you mentioned. Like, rushing the passer, or being a force in the run game, for instance. That's what I want in my DE's. There are at least 5 other guys who do those things better than Pep..

It is true.

Doesn't matter what you want in a DE.....that is the problem. If you want a pure pass rusher...then get someone else. Peppers isn't just a pure pass rusher and there are those that are better at that one thing. You dismiss the things Peppers does well that most DEs simply can't.....and are trying to spin that against him.

We could of drafted a better pure passer in the last NFL draft.

anyway, I am done here. I hope Ron Rivera and Cam gameplan around Peppers.....b/c Cam hasn't seen anything close to him yet.

Hidden

Peppers is good at those things, but he isn't the best. Perhaps it's just a difference in philosophy between me and you. Perhaps you prefer versatility while I prefer consistency. Perhaps that's the core of the disagreement.

Archived