• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Job loss

The Other Colbert

Moss wants to be on a team that is a contender. But if he'd come in, I'd be for it. Heck, even TO would be entertaining to watch on this team. Realistically, Lafell should be the #2, he's done better than Naanee.

Anyone who is throwing out Randy Moss' name is obsessed with names, just like people who can't carry on a conversation about anything other than Cam Newton or Julius Peppers.

No NFL team is one player. It's about matchups. Peppers blocked the field goal, but was held in check all game by Gross, in part because Gross knows Peppers' moves, having gone head to head against him for years in practice. Come next week, Peppers could have multiple sacks if the matchup is favorable, and Gross could get beaten all game for the same reason.

Doesn't mean that Gross or Peppers are any less of a player. Big picture people aren't obsessed with names. Small-minded ones are, according to Eleanor Roosevelt.

Here's what I want to see, both Lafell and Ajirotutu be given a chance on the offensive side of the ball. Man, I've been hearing about the blazing speed of Ajirotutu since we signed him. It's about time we see what this cat can do. Too many Sundays have gone by, and I've yet to see this cat run an offensive play. See who you got Rivera! (And get Curry here pronto)

Also Smith needs to look at himself in the mirror after not catching a endzone pass he should have.... just saying.

Steve Smith is allowed a mistake every now and then, since he also BAILS YOU OUT more often than he messes up. Jake Delhomme made a career out of just throwing it up and having Steve Smith fight for it and come down with it.

Cam's placing the passes better than many of Jake's, but Smith is getting the job done. Smith, Olsen and Shockey dropping a pass every now and then doesn't anger me. Now, Smith fumbling a ball forward trying to showboat, that's a different story, but one missed route or dropped pass doesn't require "looking in the mirror". The occasional error will be made.

Archived