• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Walking Dead on AMC

PantherBrew

Are people sticking up for Shane? I mean I like the character, but the dude was definitely in the wrong.

He tries to steal his best friend's wife & kid, tries to kill him. He kind of deserved it.

Also, Michonne is keeping the two zombies around to ward off other zombies (on top of another reason that they'll state in S3). Not exactly sure how that mechanism works though.

Are people sticking up for Shane? I mean I like the character, but the dude was definitely in the wrong.

He tries to steal his best friend's wife & kid, tries to kill him. He kind of deserved it.

Also, Michonne is keeping the two zombies around to ward off other zombies (on top of another reason that they'll state in S3). Not exactly sure how that mechanism works though.

she likes zombie sausage eh? Ive never read the graphic novels so I don't really know anything about her character.

AMC’s The Walking Dead finale set a ratings record for the network, clocking a truly impressive 9 million viewers.

The second season closer was the show’s highest-rated episode ever (and AMC’s most-watched episode of regular series television ever). A full 6 million of those viewers were among adults 18-49, too, which is quite a trick to pull off. Walking Dead ranks as the top-rated show in cable history among the adult demo. (Watch, now AMC executives will think: “If we cut the budget again, the ratings will go up even higher!”)

I got to see last night’s episode at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin where fans literally cheered Rick saving Herschel and the appearance of Michonne. For more, check out EW’s

interview with writer-producer Robert Kirkman about the finale, and see our item about which actress is going to be under the hood to play a sword-wielding badass.

This article is well worth the read

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/

Another week, another jaw-dropping shocker on The Walking Dead. So stop reading right now if you have yet to watch Sunday’s episode of the zombie drama. [SPOILER ALERT! Seriously, stop reading now if you have not already watched Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead.]

When you consider how the character fared in the comic book on which the show is based, Jon Bernthal actually had a pretty nice run as Shane Walsh. Shot to death by young Carl in issue #6 of the comic, Shane made it all the way to episode 18 of The Walking Dead series…only to again be shot by Carl. However, this time it was after Rick had already stabbed him to death and he had reincarnated as a zombie. (Yep, turns out that — like in the comic — you don’t have to get bitten to turn into a walker. Bummer!)

I spoke with Bernthal to get his thoughts on Shane’s shocking death (and subsequent reanimation and death again), spying in the woods on his castmates after it was all said and done, and whether he asked to be written off the show once executive producer Frank Darabont was fired. (Note: Scroll through two pages to read the entire interview.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So after spending almost two seasons trying to take out zombies, how did it feel to switch sides and play for the other team, if only for a few seconds?

JON BERNTHAL: You know, man, it was crazy. I didn’t even realize that I was playing a zombie until I was playing it. There was a lot of discussion going back and forth, a lot of arguing going back and forth on what that last scene actually should be — between myself and Andy and the writers. And everybody kind of got their own little say in what that last scene actually was. But then at the very end I realized, now you gotta go play a zombie! I never even thought about that. Then all of a sudden I’ve got these contacts on, I can’t see anything, and I’m a zombie. And I’m like, “I don’t know how to do this! What do you do?”

For the people calling Rick a murderer for killing Shane this quote is from Shane

There’s a whole part of the character that I think some people may or may not pick up on, but I think there’s a part of Shane himself that knows he is no longer fit to be among the people. He knows how much of a danger he is. He knows now he’s killed yet another human being, and I think a part of this is him really spurring and challenging and getting Rick to step up and encompass what Shane has and take Shane out. I think there’s a suicidal flavor. There’s a flavor there that’s really saying, “Come on, man, I’m challenging you to be the man that’s fit to raise the woman I love and the child I love and my child on the way. Come on and step up, raise your gun.” And there’s a part of him that so desperately wants Rick to be that man, and when Rick finally does it, there’s an element of some sort of relief.

If Rick wouldn't have killed Shane, he would have snapped and tried to kill him again. Maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong but I seen it as Rick thought it was the last straw and he had to kill Shane.

Rick gave Shane numerous opportunities to redeem himself at that point it was either Rick or Shane walking away. Not both. Rick did what he had to do..

I agree 100% that Rick had to kill Shane, but that doesn't mean it wasn't murder. Self-defense is when you or someone else is in mortal danger, not, 'oh it's cool because he'll probably just come back at me again'. Rick himself admitted that he just didn't want to deal with Shane anymore. I understand why he felt he had to do it, but let's call it what it is.

And yes, I defend Shane. I think people say 'but OMGZ he fugged his friends wife!' and he is crazy but as I said many, many pages ago in this thread, I don't feel like enough people look at things through Shane's eyes.

He tried his hardest to get Rick out of the hospital, but with people shooting and walkers all over, it just wasn't possible. He then protects his wife and child during the worst scenario imaginable. He then falls in love with Lori and treats Carl as his own. He is the leader of the group and his opinions and strategies for survival are both encouraged and accepted. He is what most men aspire to be. Protectors of their families, a leader, and respected. Then Rick comes back and gets Lori and Carl back, and then constantly puts the group in harms way and then completely disrespects Shane by constantly trying to boss him around. Shane and Rick pre-apocalypse were best friends, and partners. PARTNERS. Why does Rick think he is above Shane? He wasn't his superior on the force, and he's not now. He makes Shane constantly feel like less of a man, and most guys here will agree that nothing can make a man snap faster than someone trying to make you feel like less of a man. The group was Shane's and then Rick waltzes in and says my way or the highway? Then the icing on the cake is in Shane's final moments Lori comes up to him and, regardless of her naive female intentions, gives him just enough reason to think maybe she still cares about him, finally making him decide Rick has to go.

Shane has been living in this hellhole longer than Rick, and thus he snapped first. But look, mere hours after he killed Shane, Rick himself has snapped too, and will shortly be what Shane already was; a good and loyal man who is living in a world of survival of the fittest, not honor, being what gets your family to another sunrise.

People say how can you defend Shane?

I say how can you not?

I just read that Entertainment Weekly interview with Jon Bernthal. He seems like a really good dude. He poured his heart and soul into Shane's character, and he will be missed.

They now have to find a way to top the complexity of Shane's character, and have an actor just as dedicated to the story in order to do it. Won't be an easy task.

I just read that Entertainment Weekly interview with Jon Bernthal. He seems like a really good dude. He poured his heart and soul into Shane's character, and he will be missed.

They now have to find a way to top the complexity of Shane's character, and have an actor just as dedicated to the story in order to do it. Won't be an easy task.

image.jpg

Andrew Lincoln says "hi"

Archived