• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prostate Cancer Wareness Month?

chknwing

Why is there no Prostate Cancer, or any other type of cancer awareness month? It is basically identical to breast cancers mortality rate etc, yet you dont see anything about it. No marathons, no special colors, no nothing. Maybe the pink has soaked into my brain. :(

Since I turned 50 I get the finger up the you know :eek: and a Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test every year by my doctor.

Since myPSA numbers more than doubled in the last year, I had to go back in Thursday and give blood again to be retested. Mine went from .8 to 1.9 from last year. Anythign from 0-4 is still considered good.

Since I turned 50 I get the finger up the you know :eek: and a Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test every year by my doctor.

Since myPSA numbers more than doubled in the last year, I had to go back in Thursday and give blood again to be retested. Mine went from .8 to 1.9 from last year. Anythign from 0-4 is still considered good.

make sure your doc does BOTH. the PSA and the finger. PSA is being sorta chopped down as being that accurate.

I got mine done at 41 to get a mild head start to be on the safe side.

*as an aside. if you aren't already, start drinking cranberry juice more often. must be 100% juice. great antioxidents and cause the prostate to retract.

and MLB is doing a much better job on this subject as far as awareness goes.

Archived