• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark Souls

The Saltman

Firebombs were the easiest way to kill him ... I killed him really early on the fight took about 30 mins though.

I killed that wolf bastard earlier..

It was a pretty epic fight..I had about an inch of health left as he had about a third left. I figure I'm not going to kill him again and just charge away and start slashing..then the next thing I know he has about an inch of health left as well when I smacked his nose with my sword for the kill. I'll remember that battle for a while, that's for sure.. haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just fuging started and I'm a Wanderer the only boss I beat so far was the fat fug in the asylum and now I'm in another world and I saw a dragon. Any tips from here?

Don't attack the dragon, you need to run out on the bridge and there should be a place where you can go down stairs below the dragon. You advance the game from there, not by beating the dragon. Most of the "bosses" that don't come after what we call a "fog gate", the white thing you have to traverse, aren't required to beat the game. Just optional. The dragon is optional and I would recommend waiting until you're stronger to take him on.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought it from Xbox Arcarde last night. Fun game so far. But seems like there is a lot more to it than meets the eye, and without a manual, I guess I'll have to wiki it. Not a button masher either btw (referencing my previous comment). It actually takes some thinking (when parrying and what not).

BTW...is there ever loot in breakable items such as urns? Just wondering before I waste my time busting all these things. Haven't found anything yet.

99.99999% of them no. But there is a golden scarab in one. I'm not telling which one though.

I'm near the end of the game...trying to beat the four kings..but to be honest, I've kind of lost interest in the game because I have no idea what the hell is going on. Plus I just don't have the time to sit in the forest all day long and grind..

I LOVE the gameplay and it's difficult..but I hope Dark Souls 2 brings a story worth a damn..because even in Demon Souls, you don't really know what's going on..

I kind of dig how they did the multiplayer aspect in it though. People can invade your world or you can invade theirs. I haven't done it myself yet because frankly I doubt I'm good enough to beat anybody that's had this game since launch. I've been invaded and killed twice so far. Second time was kind of annoying because i was in the middle of fighting one of those huge knights.

• 8 months later...

Bumping this old thread because this game is damn awesome.  It's been sitting in my steam library for a long time but I just got a xbox controller in the past couple of weeks and have been delving into this game.  This is easily the best action rpg game I've ever played and is towards the top of best game ever.  

The difficultly is perfect, the level design is great, the story line is bad but this game is about the combat(as it should be).  I can't wait until Dark Souls 2 so I can have a chance to pvp and not be horrible.  

Archived