• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mare Bitching Thread

Toolbox

How many missed oportunities did Cam blow today. He touched the ball way more than anyone else. Cept maybe the vikes.

Cam put his team in a position to play an extra period. Mare failed to seal the deal. I don't think we should cut Mare but he let the team down this week and I hope he doesn't choke in future games. The team prob won't be a playoff contender this year, especially thanks to Mare's missed FG, but if he shows a habit of this, we may need to replace him in the future when we will be more competitive and need a FG kicker who is reliable from 30 yards out.

He's already said that.

It still wasn't a fluid possession. Doesn't matter. Mare prevented them from going into overtime. The holding penalty prevented them from winning the game with a Touchdown.

The loss was a team effort. There's no guarantee they'd have won in overtime, and they had more than enough opportunities to put it away in regulation.

Fair enough but I'd add it is a personal failure for Mare who is expected to make short field goals from that range, especially when it's do or die.

Team Lost Not all on mare

1) Newton god love him but 2 fumbles = 14 points = (21-10 win)

2) Ref's dear god i know holding happens every play just funny as hell they see us on every key 1st down

3) Gamble learn to wrap up buddy

4) Botched FG attempt bad from snap yes its an easy kick but look above for why it mattered anyway

You see Team loss not 1 guy I could keep going but meh.

flame away

Cam put his team in a position to play an extra period. Mare failed to seal the deal. I don't think we should cut Mare but he let the team down this week and I hope he doesn't choke in future games. The team prob won't be a playoff contender this year, especially thanks to Mare's missed FG, but if he shows a habit of this, we may need to replace him in the future when we will be more competitive and need a FG kicker who is reliable from 30 yards out.

come on now, "especially thanks to Mare's missed FG"? really? we weren't in playoff contention well before his missed FG.

I don't know when nfl.com updates stats, but both men have missed 3 field goals this season. Mare is second in the NFL in touchbacks. Kickers miss. It happens.

Our defense lost us this game. Ponder? PONDER? 236 yds and a TD? Really?

Ponder is solid from what I've seen so far. He panics and flees the pocket at times, but he can read defenses and makes throws. In the second half he seemed to outplay Cam.

I have to agree with the OP and Cam on this one. The Panthers had plenty of chances to win this game before Mare ever attempted that kick. Score more on offense and get some stops on defense...that's how you win the damn game. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. All Ponder had to do was stand in his nice clean pocket for 2 seconds and hit his first read, which was almost always open, or hand it to his RB's. It don't get any easier for a QB.

Anyone who blames the D or O'Mare is shortsighted.

We choke in the 4th when we are tied or down. Period. 6 losses. we are 0-6 in this exact situation. also 0-6 when we turnover the ball.

I didn't have this little confidence with Jake when in these situations. I start sweating with 14 minutes left, let alone 2.

Ponder is solid from what I've seen so far. He panics and flees the pocket at times, but he can read defenses and makes throws. In the second half he seemed to outplay Cam.

Maybe that was because Cam had defenders hanging all over him while Ponder was barely ever touched. If you paid any attention, you would realize that the few times the Panthers got pressure on him, Ponder was inaccurate as hell.

How many times did the pocket collapse around Ponder the whole game?

If it happened 5 times I'll be shocked. The Panthers applied ZERO pressure, and it made Ponder look better than he should've looked.

His wake up call is coming next week.

I don't know when nfl.com updates stats, but both men have missed 3 field goals this season. Mare is second in the NFL in touchbacks. Kickers miss. It happens.

Our defense lost us this game. Ponder? PONDER? 236 yds and a TD? Really?

I lol at you :D ponder put up 219 in gb and 2 td we held to 1 which with such poor field position its going happen and a shovel to boot then you got AP 175 @ gb 1 td we held under 100 yea the D lost us this game to think that is just Stupidity,,,

Archived