• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mare Bitching Thread

Toolbox

While I realize you cant blame the whole thing on Mare, we are paying him a lot to do two things. Makes me wonder why, given the philosophy of this team, why didnt we get a promising young kicker who costs less and build him up this year like the rest (most) of the team.

The snap was high and mishandled by the placeholder as a result.

That threw him off and made him pull it.

The holding penalty wiped away a 1st and goal.

The Panthers blew too many opportunities and left themselves with a VERY SMALL margin of error.

They lost because they put themselves in a situation TO LOSE, and then EVERY ELEMENT OF THE FIELD GOAL was fuged up.

So, yeah, blame Mare "ONLY", and show the world how little intelligence you have. :mad:

This is the same person who is quick to blame every offense mess up on it's QB...U are an interesting one.

While I realize you cant blame the whole thing on Mare, we are paying him a lot to do two things. Makes me wonder why, given the philosophy of this team, why didnt we get a promising young kicker who costs less and build him up this year like the rest (most) of the team.

Have you watched our KO coverage lately? Mares ability to kick it out of the endzone so often has probably saved us about 3-4 TD's.

I watched college football kickers do kicks from 50 plus yards yesterday and this guy can't get it at 31 yds to help his team tie a game. Talk about a jinxs team.

Have you watched our KO coverage lately? Mares ability to kick it out of the endzone so often has probably saved us about 3-4 TD's.

Do you watch any other games, almost every kicker is doing that. Didnt help us on the opening kick off. Luckily the defense bailed us out.

Paying him $4 million, at that.

Regardless, the game was lost before that kick. Explain to me WHY Minnesota was ahead, again?

Where did 14 of their points come from?

Where did the Panthers' offense go after the first drive in the 3rd Quarter?

Why weren't the Panthers lining up for 1st & Goal at the end instead of kicking a field goal?

The Defense HELD PETERSON to 86 yards, only gave up 10 points on regular possessions, and they still lost.

People who are fixated on Mare's miss are fools. The Offense failed to close. They got the ball back with a 21-14 lead, and went 3 and out again, and the rest is history.

As many three and outs as they had in the Second Half, that they even still had a chance to win the game outside the field goal, is a testament to how respectable the overall defensive effort was today, compared to other times this season.

Ponder is solid from what I've seen so far. He panics and flees the pocket at times, but he can read defenses and makes throws. In the second half he seemed to outplay Cam.

U must be in the minority because all the talking heads kept saying was how good AP was and how fortunate Ponder was to have him.

Take nothing away from Ponder but go google Cam's name. U won't see anyone claiming Ponder was better. Just working with a better team.

Archived