• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Refs are targeting Panthers!!

Pantherxtreme

Excuse or not, these ticky tack calls are getting rediculous!!

We get a few every game, I call them the "not just yet Cam" flags.

if you would watch other games as closely as you do the Panthers you'd see

it's a league wide problem.

worst call yesterday was the backwards pass call in the egirls/cowturds

game. no way you can make that call.

Television and Television cameras get better and refs get worse.

Players get faster and more athletic and refs get worse.

Yes the refs are terrible but they always have been. The electronics and the athletes are just exposing them more now IMO.

The mouthpiece had it right. "the ref caught a guy going to the ground out of the corner of his eye and assumed the worst."

I think the referees are the worst part of the sport. After them its the media and their opinions. I have made the decision to stomach the two because I like the game so much.

You cant have the game without the clowns in stripes on the field as well as the other clowns in the booth wearing makeup.

After any successful play i dont celebrate until I see that their wasnt a flag thrown. It really does seem the ref's are out for us, never could prove it though, the rest of leauge will just call us biased. Basically we just need to play more displinced and we wouldnt have to worry about it anymore.

I'll be the last guy to call up any kind of conspiracy theory, but I have to agree with this 100%. When you have Kenny Albert questioning a call on the air, that's pretty bad. That happened several times yesterday...and all season. Not sure on the reasoning behind it, but it does make you suspect something fishy.

I would go along with the belief that it just hasn't went our way and the refs hav ebeen consistent across each game, but there's a huge problem with that...

While yes, we have gotten the benefit of some questionable "roughing the passer" calls, that is the NFL protecting it's best interests and bottom line - which is driven by QBs, namely, FRANCHISE QBs. Any franchise QBs get those calls, and everyone sees how valuable Cam is.

BUT, now look at the rest of the calls that have gone against us - Numerous Offensive PI calls (which virtually happen every play by all receivers) and repeated holding calls (which also pretty much happens EVERY play) have seemed to hurt us the most. Think back to how many scores we had or were on the verge of when these penalties were called.

Olsen had a TD taken away earlier in the year for a hold, I believe we had another TD taken away that same game by another penalty... Shockey's TD vs Chicago was erased by an OPI. How many times have we gotten inside the 20, 10, or 5 and got called back for holding.

I said it yesterday, at the point in the game that Smitty was called for holding, refs have got to let the players decide the game for themselves unless it's blatant and affects the outcome of the play...

-The guy Smitty was blocking was not going to do anything on that play.

-If you have the game DVR'd, I challenge you to go back and watch every offensive play and watch the blocking, I'll almost bet you Legadu or Smitty in particular did the exact same thing at a less pivotal moment and it didn't get called.

-Peterson's TD before the half, go back and look at Shiancoe's "block" on that play... He held Godfrey on the outside of his jersey and when Godfrey turned to run Peterson down he held him for a split second to the point his jersey was pulled and his upper body turned. Yet, that wasn't called.

We've been the victim of some bad calls in the past (several Cowboys games come to mind, no coincidence), but I'm sorry guys, I've never seen anything like this... The refs are stepping in when it counts and they have taken wins away from us.

Well when penalty calls stick out every game that puts points on the board for our opponents or takes points off the board for us it get very frustrating. The holding call on Olsen in the red zone against Chicago, the PI against Shockey that took the TD away against Chicago, the PI against Godfrey in the end zone against Roddy White that put the ball on the 1 against Atlanta, and then the holding call on Smitty yesterday. It just sucks that we always get screwed by bad calls and there is nothing we can do about it. I can't imagine another team that gets called for more holding by receivers than us and I just can't believe that yesterday the Vikes were not holding on the touchdown pass to AD.

Refs are human too. Just like the players who commit the penalties. These guys have less than a second to react and call what they see or what they think they see with no chance to look at a replay before they throw the flag.

The penalty had nothing to do with Adrian Peterson scoring two touchdowns, including one before the half that stifled our momentum.

Archived