• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud on NFL.com's radar for HC positions

Sword

I think Miami makes a lot of sense right now with his college ties. Norv Turner's seat has got to be getting hot too. I don't want him to go so soon but he's certainly turning those heads.

Link

Jeff Darlington NFL.com

Ability to work with young QB sets Chudzinski apart

While Panthers quarterback Cam Newton surely deserves a bulk of the credit for his early success, the coach behind this offense might soon find himself also benefiting from the improvements of Carolina’s offense. Rob Chudzinski, the Panthers' offensive coordinator, had already been an assistant discussed as a head-coaching prospect before this year, but he’s now proving more than ever that he deserves a shot.

Chudzinski has never stayed idle in one place for longer than two NFL seasons, so he might not have generated the momentum necessary to gain the interest of owners around the league. But those owners should nonetheless take notice: With a rookie quarterback in place, Chudzinski’s offense ranks fifth in the league in total yards (fifth in passing yards; seventh in rushing). In addition to Chudzinski’s previous body of work as an assistant, his progress with Newton should be very appealing for any team in need of a coach who is also likely to have a young quarterback to mentor in 2012.

Albert Breer NFL Network

Adaptability, innovation Chudzinski's best assets

Give me Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski, a lesser name who’s done an outstanding job with quarterbacks over the past half-decade. Whether it was managing a guy with obvious shortcomings (Derek Anderson), helping take an already good player to the next level (Philip Rivers), or harnessing a young player’s otherworldly talent and pushing him to succeed immediately (Cam Newton), Chudzinski has shown adaptability and innovation as an offensive coach in three different locales.

Then, there’s the work he’s done across the board in developing players, be it as a coach at the University of Miami, with some of the most talented college teams of all-time, or as Antonio Gates’ position coach during the tight end’s entry to the NFL, as he morphed from college basketball player to one of this era’s great playmakers.

Put it all together, and you have a coach who’s paid his dues and deserves his shot.

I saw this early in the am today... I just don't see him going anywhere until at least after next year. There's only 1 coach on the hot seat right now anyway, like a previous poster pointed out... Miami.

I dint think he'd leave us with unfinished business. If he's being looked at now, he'll be even more highly sought after following next years much more successful year.

My .02

I saw this early in the am today... I just don't see him going anywhere until at least after next year. There's only 1 coach on the hot seat right now anyway, like a previous poster pointed out... Miami.

I dint think he'd leave us with unfinished business. If he's being looked at now, he'll be even more highly sought after following next years much more successful year.

My .02

How do you even know this?

I hope Chud will at least want to stick around and see how Cam develops, surely this is a extra special project he has going here. He just got handed a young stud QB and TEs, and basically told to do what the hell he wants. Either way I don't see it happening until he calls a few more winning games.

Archived