• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Large internet outage...

Darth Biscuit

Wait... is poofie hair really a problem when you have boobs? I mean, is anyone really looking at the hair anyway?

I'm not even sure if mpf has a face.

Husker was right, it was just a TWC issue...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57319625-17/time-warner-cable-gets-hit-with-large-outage/?tag=mncol;topStories

Time Warner Cable's Internet customers nationwide experienced a brief outage this morning, the company has confirmed.

"We appear to be recovering from a large but brief internet outage affecting most of our service areas," Time Warner Cable said this morning in a tweet on its customer service Twitter page. The company then asked customers to "attempt to connect again."

Hmmm... maybe not just TWC... some guys in the comments of that article say the outage affected lots of other carriers too.

It appears that Level3 ( a major transit provider ) has suffered a global failure. (Appears to be related to a rogue route(s) injected into the BGP table or a juniper bug, according to uncomfirmed reports.. Update: many other ISPs are seeing Juniper issues so the latter appears to be the case. We don't use Juniper and are routing around upstreams that are impacted.)

http://status.vr.org/2011-11-07-level3-global-failure/

Somebody explain to me what that means...

I never thought I'd say this, but TWC makes me miss Charter.

had a lot of banks go down this morning at work... no bueno, because they'll just send support tickets to us because they can't figure out it was their ISP

lol reminds me of my days at the help desk.

*phone starts ringing*

"Hey, is the website down?"

"Yeah, web team is on it."

"Alright, thanks"

Repeat every 30 seconds for the next hour.

Archived