• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long....

Paintballr

I really hope this topic stays up but I doubt it will with all the topics that will be posted today but......

How long do you stick with the defensive system you currently have? This system is clearly a lot different than last years. We have seen almost a complete 180 degree in performance since last year. Sure we have had some injuries, but people would bash Fox for not changing your game plan or changing to what you have, so how long do you change your style to fit what you have?

Compared to last year our linebacker crew for most part of the year was Anderson, Beason, Connor/Harris I believe. This year it's Anderson, Connor, gaither/Williams. Should it really be THAT big of a drop off where we go from consistent to unpredictable?

Defensive line goes from Johnson, Hayden, Landri, Brayton/Brown, compared with Johnson, Fua, McClain, Hardy. Now we have 2 rookie DT, but as much crap as people gave Hayden, should we see THAT big of a drop off?

Secondary goes from Marshall, Gamble, Martin, Godfrey, compared to Capt, Gamble, Martin, Godfrey. Not much of a change.

How long does Ron stick with what Sean is doing and change the system, or maybe go a different direction with what he does. Sure injuries suck, but you only have so many draft picks but do you see us doing a complete 180 degree turn around on defense next year with Beason and Edwards returning? How about Davis/draft pick at OLB? Does anybody see us changing our scheme from an assignment type d to something else next year?

If you're *ever* going to completely change the set defense, this is the year to do so. Less than half our defensive starters will be here next year, so we're going to have to rebuild it from scratch anyway.

Which is why I brought this up. This is the year to do it if Ron wants to do it. I'm not saying get rid of Sean, his players like him, just maybe change the system or style for next year? I don't see how 3 players will make thus defense that much better.

its like we lost beason, davis, and our new DL anchor or something

o wait

Davis wasn't playing last year so that point isn't valid. You think Edwards will help that much against the rush? He could but Beason and Edwards can't teach good technique and consistency. That's why I'm brining this up unless edwards is the next coming do you see our defense really improving next year with those two coming back? If we draft a OLB does he turn the defense around. Love Davis but you can't bank this teams future at this point on him.

we've had this game played over and over dozens of times over the last decade.. if we only have 1 of these games a year, that'll be a 1000% improvement..

if you didn't see this game coming at some point this year under the circumstances, joke is on you..

Archived