• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Chandler is a joke journalist, Panther organization apologist, and sad suckup

Mr. Scot

Apparently...

Repeating: Carolina, Cutler not a match

With all the buzz in Carolina country about Cutler, we thought it worthwhile to once again say here that Cutler isn't Carolina's kind of player and making a trade for him doesn't fit in the team's plans. As much as some Carolina fans don't want to hear it, dealing for Cutler simply isn't something the Panthers are interested in doing.

Cutler is extremely talented, but there are questions about his leadership ability, which have been magnified by his refusal to make amends with the Broncos in recent weeks after being hurt that McDaniels originally wanted to replace him with Matt Cassel.

As for trading Julius Peppers for Cutler, which has been discussed by fans on blogs and message boards, Denver is not one of the four teams for which Peppers wants to play, despite the fact that the Broncos plan to play a 3-4 defense.

Mods, feel free to merge this. I just couldn't resist :lol:

Yasinskas chimes in too, giving Mortensen the benefit of a doubt, but adding his own insight.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen thinks the Panthers could be a contender because they could offer disgruntled defensive end Julius Peppers in a trade. Hey, it makes sense on a lot of levels and both teams could get rid of headaches. I'm thinking the Panthers probably would have to add a draft pick or two along with Peppers to make a deal work.

But keep in mind that moves like this are totally out of character for coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney, who have a strong loyalty to incumbent quarterback Jake Delhomme. Sure, there may be some questions about Cutler, but the Panthers already have plenty of questions with Peppers.

I still think it's a long shot that Carolina even gets involved in the Cutler situation. But you have to at least wonder about the possibility because opportunities to get a guy who already has pretty much established himself as a franchise quarterback don't come around very often. Might be time for the Panthers to consider going off their usual path.

Could Carolina be a Cutler possibility

Basic summary: He thinks they should, but he doesn't believe they will.

Yasinskas chimes in too, giving Mortensen the benefit of a doubt, but adding his own insight.

Could Carolina be a Cutler possibility

Basic summary: He thinks they should, but he doesn't believe they will.

He's wrong in the first sentence of your quote

ESPN's Chris Mortensen thinks the Panthers could be a contender because they could offer disgruntled defensive end Julius Peppers in a trade.

Aw did I get under your skin that much 'lil Scotty?

This whole thread is an idiotic fallacy since I never said that thinking the FO wouldn't go for Cutler makes you a joke or a FO slurper. I slammed DG for his unprofessional blogs where he insulted his readers and for never EVER sharply criticizing John Fox/Marty Hurney/Panthers FO at all.

Charles Chandler is at least a straight news guy.

Archived