• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Mock:

Catalyst

I'm not terribly interested in Kirkpatrick, but if we're picking in the teens I wouldn't hate the Brown selection. I'd probably prefer Devon Still at that spot (yea yea we're so young there, but it's not like we've invested high picks at the spot since....Jenkins in the 2nd 9 or 10 years ago? Talent > youth) but I wouldn't be upset at a LB in the teens. I don't want a CB other than Claiborne in the 1st though.

I know just about everybody here believes that our biggest needs are CB/DT/OLB/OL, in that order and some want a WR first no matter what we need. This is my belief. Our 2 biggest needs in order are

1. OLB we have no choice but to replace TD, for the future of the position. Lets face it whether you like it or not, TD is finished as a starter for any team. Even he makes a comeback he will be no more than a 3rd stringer, not making the 53 man roster.

2. ILB, yea i sais it ILB. Taken straight from this article -

http://www.thelionsinwinter.com/2011/08/lies-damned-lies-mikel-leshoures-career.html. The average career for a

29 year old skill player is 6 to 7 years. If he lets it completely heal and be 100%,

he will be 27 & 3/4 years old and almost half of next season will be gone.

Not a very promising expextaion for the future of the possition.

Now who to draft for those positions, to many scenerio to speculate.

I know just about everybody here believes that our biggest needs are CB/DT/OLB/OL, in that order and some want a WR first no matter what we need. This is my belief. Our 2 biggest needs in order are

1. OLB we have no choice but to replace TD, for the future of the position. Lets face it whether you like it or not, TD is finished as a starter for any team. Even he makes a comeback he will be no more than a 3rd stringer, not making the 53 man roster.

2. ILB, yea i sais it ILB. Taken straight from this article -

http://www.thelionsinwinter.com/2011/08/lies-damned-lies-mikel-leshoures-career.html. The average career for a

29 year old skill player is 6 to 7 years. If he lets it completely heal and be 100%,

he will be 27 & 3/4 years old and almost half of next season will be gone.

Not a very promising expextaion for the future of the possition.

Now who to draft for those positions, to many scenerio to speculate.

I know what you're saying with the ILB.. but Beason deserves every opportunity to show us that he can come back healthy. We owe him that, just like we owed it to Dan Morgan. We will not draft an ILB early this year at least.

OLB, I agree is our top need, however, starting caliber OLBs can be found all the way down to the 3rd round. (I realize we do not have a 3rd round pick, but we do have a 2nd rounder that we could use on a very good OLB.)

CB/OLB/DT are definately our top 3 needs, and we could go BPA with these 3 positions in mind with our first 2 picks. I do feel that DT would be the least likely of the three positions though unless there is just a great value there.

Archived