• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Know You Want a DT But...

chknwing

VONTAZE BURFICT, ILB, ARIZONA ST. (#7)

This guy is a play maker. A beast in a weak draft. Carolina switches to a 3-4 next year, they will need this guy. Its quite possible to trade down, pick this guy up and still snag a decent DT or even aquire one in free agency or trade, which would probably be better, no learning curve.

no no no no no no no no no no

Now I am a little biased being a University of Arizona alum, but I DO NOT want this guy on the Panthers. He's a thug, as simple as that, if you think what Suh is doing right now is bad, wait until you see this guy in the NFL, he'll be worse. Yes he's a great player, but he costs his team in so many ways it's just not worth it, he led the nation in personal fouls in both his first two years in college.

I thought drafting Jimmy was bad, I grew up a die hard Michigan fan, but if we draft this thug, it will be even worse in my opinion. Thankfully we'll have a top 5-7 pick at the worst, and this guy will probably be slotted somewhere in the 10-15 range, so it shouldn't be a problem.

u seen our defense? Carolina needs a thug. They need someone to smack the other team in the mouth.

have you seen his non-highlight videos?

Yes, his highlights make him look like the next Ray Lewis, and he very well could be based on his talent alone. But I've never seen a bigger thug in the college game in my life.

For the past few years the only reason I've been afraid of playing ASU is because I was 100% honestly scared that he was going to take out our QB with a late cheap shot. This dude racks up 15 yard penalties like you wouldn't imagine, and they're not ones that he just went a little too far after the whistle, but head butting players well after the play is over and trying to hurt players in dirty ways.

sorry, I dont want nice guys on defense, I want mean, angry, high motor players. So the guy gets carried away, I dont think it something that cant be fixed, and for the talent he has, it would be a waste to not try. Jon Beason can get this guy in control.

So it would be a waste to not draft a guy in the top 10-15 that is such a loose cannon, that he refused to come off the field when his coach ordered him off after picking up a personal foul??

Archived