• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who gets the blame for this loss?

SmootsDaddy89

Excusing the defense because they're supposed to suck and managed not to suck for two quarters doesn't work for me, sorry.

the D is what did it for me today too. Yeah yeah leaders on the bench... fug that.

we played not to lose and it started in the second quarter.

Foxball :party: not really but that what we call it around these parts.

The blame gets shared:

Rivera for trusting the "O" for 28 minutes, but then reining them in the last 1:41 when they were hitting on all cylinders. You never let off of anybody - especially a division rival! Even trying to get into FG position would have been salt in the wound and could have been the difference. A screen or reverse would have been more effective than 3 straight runs! Sending Smitty and lafell on a post pattern would have been a back breaker! At least try!

Cam for throwing up a soft 5 yd pass to a RB that had is back to you - better to take the sack and run next play.

Chud for calling some stupid junk plays when we needed some solid gains to regain our composure and let our D regroup.

Mare for failing again when we had a little momentum and would have gained the lead.

Lastly and IMHO slightly - to the "D" for losing faith after Mare's miss - was the only play I saw all day where they were visibly had no fire. I can't blame them too much - they played lights out 1st half. Gave some short fields up in the 2nd - finally ran out of gas due to too much time on the filed.

Excusing the defense because they're supposed to suck and managed not to suck for two quarters doesn't work for me, sorry.

Right, my bad, the offense only has to play for 1 half since they have Cam Newton, how dare you ask him to play 2.

Our offense with multiple pro bowlers and all of the starters in scored 0 in the second half, all on the offense, don't give a poo what works for ya

Coaching staff gets all the blame. The playcalling was completely horrible late in this game. How do you fail to convert on 3rd&2, 3rd&3 and the like? At one point (after Abraham jumped the line early, putting us at 1st&5) we couldn't gain a single yard for four straight downs. Rivera, run the ball at least once in that 1st&5 situation!

Then as someone said before, they played conservative late at the end of the 1st half, and Cam was shaking his head, probably the lack of energy getting to him at that point. I know Cam messed up big time, I know all too well we should have cut Mare yesteryear, but the playcalling was putrid late in the second half. If Cam is struggling, go back to a conventional running game. (Not that crappy read offense)

Conventional running game wasn't working. Outside of D-Will's big run we were mostly shut down on the ground with our backs. Like it or not, Cam is part of our running game.

Chud did try to take it off Cam a bit but in the end even that didn't work because that left it in the hands of Mare then we couldn't gain anything.

I do think play calling on the final series was bad but I don't think it was out of the ordinary for most of the 2nd half.

Right, my bad, the offense only has to play for 1 half since they have Cam Newton, how dare you ask him to play 2.

Our offense with multiple pro bowlers and all of the starters in scored 0 in the second half, all on the offense, don't give a poo what works for ya

Don't get me wrong, the fact that we didn't get any points in the second half is horrible. But 23 points was enough to win in 5 other games just from the 1PM games. Saying we needed to score more because our defense can't keep it up in the second half if we don't still means our defense sucks.

Conventional running game wasn't working. Outside of D-Will's big run we were mostly shut down on the ground with our backs. Like it or not, Cam is part of our running game.

Chud did try to take it off Cam a bit but in the end even that didn't work because that left it in the hands of Mare then we couldn't gain anything.

I do think play calling on the final series was bad but I don't think it was out of the ordinary for most of the 2nd half.

In that 1st&5 situation, we could have definitely went convential at least one time.

On the one hand, the offense sucking in the second half, and Cam throwing 2 picks could be considered the culprit for allowing the Falcons to come back. On the other hand, the defense allowed more points in the second half than we scored all game.

I'm going to blame Mare though, cause I'm sick of his poo.

Acctually, Blaine threw two ints and his team won, so there goes ur logic. But, it's clear many of u can't see pass every mistake Cam makes.

As an outsider who roots for a team whose QB has his ups and downs, the Jets, let me tell u, no matter how much credit a QB gets for the wins, it takes a whole team to win a game. That is what the Broncos are showing.

IMO, you Panthers fans have no faith in your team and you seem to be looking for the next "great" person to rescue it. You remind me of that girl who's always ready to trade in her new man as soon as she isn't getting what she wants. Even wanting to go back with the man she got rid of simply because she now sees how he's treating his new girlfriend. That is what you called spoilt.

I would assume Cam will personally take all the blame for it. He's gonna have to after saying everyone on the team needs to be at his level of wanting to win. The two picks let them come back into the game and kept us from driving down the field.

Acctually, Blaine threw two ints and his team won, so there goes ur logic. But, it's clear many of u can't see pass every mistake Cam makes.

As an outsider who roots for a team whose QB has his ups and downs, the Jets, let me tell u, no matter how much credit a QB gets for the wins, it takes a whole team to win a game. That is what the Broncos are showing.

IMO, you Panthers fans have no faith in your team and you seem to be looking for the next "great" person to rescue it. You remind me of that girl who's always ready to trade in her new man as soon as she isn't getting what she wants. Even wanting to go back with the man she got rid of simply because she now sees how he's treating his new girlfriend. That is what you called spoilt.

Blaine has a good defense and was playing a terrible team.

Right now our only chance for us to win games is if our offense continues to produce for an entire game. Our defense is ravaged by injuries. It's getting tiring pointing to how much they suck every week, especially when they played a totally dominant first half and got the offense the ball plenty of times in the 2nd half with early stops...

At this point, we don't have the kind of team to survive turnovers on offense, and that's why we lose when they happen.

Also when Cam throws picks he seems to get emotionally defeated. Seems like he is having trouble bouncing back from them.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that we didn't get any points in the second half is horrible. But 23 points was enough to win in 5 other games just from the 1PM games. Saying we needed to score more because our defense can't keep it up in the second half if we don't still means our defense sucks.

Oh, by all means say the defense sucks, they do suck. BUT they were playing well THIS game and this game they played well enough to win.

No one is arguing that our defense is actually good, but we needed points to win, and we scored no more after a great first half.

I'm one of the biggest Cam fan here, so this post makes no sense. Cam threw two INTS. Yeah, it only cost us 3 points on the scoreboard, but there's a lot more to football games than what goes up on the scoreboard. We won't know what the end result of those drives would have been if not for turnovers. At the very least, there was definitely some shift in momentum, which wouldn't have occurred if Cam protected the ball better. I JUST finished arguing why de defense is just as much to blame as anyone, but the offense clearly pooed the bed as well. I genuinely wish you would hatefug TRD and fug off tyia.

Archived