• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who gets the blame for this loss?

SmootsDaddy89

On the one hand, the offense sucking in the second half, and Cam throwing 2 picks could be considered the culprit for allowing the Falcons to come back. On the other hand, the defense allowed more points in the second half than we scored all game.

I'm going to blame Mare though, cause I'm sick of his poo.

Yea you do realize the defense gave up more points because our offense set up shop for theirs right?

Offenses fault period, 0 points in the second half when the d is down to its 10th string DTs and LBs. The D played well, they deserve an ovation for their efforts actually.

Chud + Cam poo the bed.

Yea you do realize the defense gave up more points because our offense set up shop for theirs right?

Offenses fault period, 0 points in the second half when the d is down to its 10th string DTs and LBs. The D played well, they deserve an ovation for their efforts actually.

Chud + Cam poo the bed.

Excusing the defense because they're supposed to suck and managed not to suck for two quarters doesn't work for me, sorry.

Coaching staff gets all the blame. The playcalling was completely horrible late in this game. How do you fail to convert on 3rd&2, 3rd&3 and the like? At one point (after Abraham jumped the line early, putting us at 1st&5) we couldn't gain a single yard for four straight downs. Rivera, run the ball at least once in that 1st&5 situation!

Then as someone said before, they played conservative late at the end of the 1st half, and Cam was shaking his head, probably the lack of energy getting to him at that point. I know Cam messed up big time, I know all too well we should have cut Mare yesteryear, but the playcalling was putrid late in the second half. If Cam is struggling, go back to a conventional running game. (Not that crappy read offense)

WTF happened to the playcalling? Starting at the end of the first half, it was like watching Foxball again.

Put that drive at the end of the half out of your mind. It didn't matter.

If we look at our first drive of the second half, we weren't going conservative. Basically 2 passes, 1 run, and 1 of the passes was pretty deep I think.

Remember we were moving the ball before Cam's terrible first interception. that was not a play call problem, that was a terrible decision on his part.

Second interception came while we were moving the ball, too, though it was after a terrible holding penalty.

Fourth drive of the quarter ended before it began with a terrible penalty.

Fifth drive the Falcons made a great play on another short pass to stop Stew short. Don't usually see Stew stopped by the first guy on what seemed a sure fire first down.

Sixth drive Mare cost us the game...

So I don't think it was playcalling through most of the 2nd half, though the run-run-screen on the fifth drive was weird and predictable.

The final drive though, 1st and 5 and we forget that we have to get a first down to keep the drive alive. Inexcusable.

Archived