• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

quinton coples as a DT????

rayzor

funny how everyone is saying his stock has slipped because of 1 game(mizzou) but the entire UNC d didnt play that well. he did still get pressure on the qb and caused a bad pass for Brown to pick off. this guy is still a top 15 talent.

cbssports supposly got info that the coaches staff wanted him to switch back to DT and he didnt want to because he wanted to show the scouts how versatile he was. not sure how legit that is tho.

Coples isnt a bust. I know being a UNC fan, but im also a Panthers fan and would not mind Coples at all. Hes going to be a very good NFL player. He can play inside and out, and will not be getting double teamed like he did in college.

Would actually be a safe non risky pick.

Ehh...if they pick a guy who can play inside and out I would rather get Melvin Ingram, a guy who can make plays in at least one of those positions. Rather have a guy who is good at one than a guy who is mediocre at both.

He anchored the UNC line last season playing every game at DT and had his best college season.

yeah, he'd be solid anywhere on that Dline. i really like the idea of him on the interior of the Dline, though. add some weight/bulk/muscle to him and you could get him paying NT with no problem. i really see him as a jay ratliff type NT.

yeah, he'd be solid anywhere on that Dline. i really like the idea of him on the interior of the Dline, though. add some weight/bulk/muscle to him and you could get him paying NT with no problem. i really see him as a jay ratliff type NT.

i'm warming up to coples. At first seeing him on mocks going to the panthers - i was a naysayer. As a UNC alumnus i've watched him a lot this year and he has some skills that could translate well to the NFL. I'm not talking about just his frame and athleticism... but his moves: especially his bull rush would make him very capable as a pro (and also why he was able to perform well at DT as a junior). After the combine i think fans will be able to recognize his strength and body are more than capable at DT as a pro.

Archived