• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be honest...

TheOracle

...you knew the game was over when the Defense allowed a 40+ yard TD with a few seconds remaining in the 1st Half.

No telling how many players were looking at each other out of the corner of their eyes in the locker room at halftime.

That got the meltdown started, but that lack luster stalled drive to start the 3rd was nail in the coffin cause gregg just pinned the defense's ears back.

That got the meltdown started, but that lack luster stalled drive to start the 3rd was nail in the coffin cause gregg just pinned the defense's ears back.

So, you don't think the lackluster opening drive in the 2nd half was a carryover from the suckitude at the end of the 1st half?

Might be talking about a completely different 2nd Half (much closer) had it started 17-17. The Saints never should've even been in FIELD GOAL RANGE near the end of the 1st half, if not for the Panthers' defenders playing scared. Looking in their eyes, they looked like they'd seen a ghost every snap.

So, you don't think the lackluster opening drive in the 2nd half was a carryover from the suckitude at the end of the 1st half?

Might be talking about a completely different 2nd Half (much closer) had it started 17-17. The Saints never should've even been in FIELD GOAL RANGE near the end of the 1st half, if not for the Panthers' defenders playing scared. Looking in their eyes, they looked like they'd seen a ghost every snap.

I agree that Martin allowing the 1st half closeout TD was huge. I was merely saying that had the offense answered back to start the 3rd then we could have redeemed. But that stalled drive was the fatal blow to the point I quit watching

I agree that Martin allowing the 1st half closeout TD was huge. I was merely saying that had the offense answered back to start the 3rd then we could have redeemed. But that stalled drive was the fatal blow to the point I quit watching

Well, of course they could have. The point of this thread was that after they allowed that TD, there was no way the Offense "would"...did you know that they would not?

You may not have. Some honest people did.

Archived