• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would the Panthers benefit from losing the coin toss?

Cat'sGrowl

I suppose it's a matter of who you want to draft, but we can all agree that the 8 pick is a lot like being stuck between a rock and a hard place unless one of the top prospects falls.

drafting at 9 would move the Panthers back one spot, putting them in a more favorable spot should they be forced into reaching, and possibly giving them a more feasible spot should they want to trade. Would be cheaper too.. The other benefit from this would be that they would gain the better of the two picks in round two, which could put them in great position to get one of the good Secodary prospects in this year's class; ie a Lester, Minnifield, Gilmore and so on..

There is obviously no way of knowing if it would be advantageous to us or not until draft time comes, but it is something to ponder.

We would definitely win in being in the eight spot. Maimi is willing to trade away their LT, and if that is so, LT would become a need for them. I would whether have a choice between both Martin and Reiff, if we ended up going LT with the first pick. I suspect we may use our second round positioning to trade back, and maybe pick up an extra second or pick up a third.

By the way, some mock drafts are now coming out showing the Rams taking Blackmon (The Rams forum is blowing up about taking Blackmon.) and the Vikings taking RGIII. If that is the case, Kalil could slip to us at 8. Who knows, but having the earlier draft pick is helpful.

Ultimately, there's no real difference in terms how much money is given to the player drafted at 8 or 9. Yet if the Dolphins have some of the same needs we have, and a player that we both would want really bad slips, the team with the earlier pick gets that player, while the other team is left on the outside looking in.

How the heck does getting the #9 benefit us more than the #8?? It's a one pick difference. Man, the things people think of. Blows my mind. Trying to get too smart.

It's amazing how people can walk into a thread and not even read before making some ignoramus comment.

Ultimately, there's no real difference in terms how much money is given to the player drafted at 8 or 9. Yet if the Dolphins have some of the same needs we have, and a player that we both would want really bad slips, the team with the earlier pick gets that player, while the other team is left on the outside looking in.

The difference is that Hurney isn't sitting in his office pining and squealing and hoping for every available opportunity to draft Ryan Kalil's brother.

The difference is that Hurney isn't sitting in his office pining and squealing and hoping for every available opportunity to draft Ryan Kalil's brother.

Whether it be Kalil, Claiborne, or Blackmon, if one of those guys slip, we cant get them at the 8 spot. (Of course, the Dolphins don't need corner as I understand it.)

Archived