• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coples

unicar15

I think he needs to be the pick if everything about him checks out. I trust Rivera in his assessment of a guy's desire and if Coples checks out in this area then I think he needs to be the pick. Throughout the season the only two guys that got pressure on the QB for us were Hardy and CJ. If one of them went out (as we saw in the NO game with CJ out) we got ZERO pressure on the QB. Coples would fill two obvious needs in run stopping as well as help in the secondary as a great pass rush can make a bad secondary look good. I'm pretty sure he played DT at UNC for a year before moving to the outside so it wouldn't be a stretch to put him in there with Hardy and CJ on some downs to create more pressure. He is a monster at 6'6'' 285. So, if he's there at #8 then IMO he needs to be the pick...and I'm a State fan saying this.

If we add him then we add back to our defense Jon Beason, Ron Edwards, Quinton Coples, Thomas Davis (hopefully). That would be a COMPLETELY different defense from 2011.

That whole team was a mess, from the administration to the coaches and on down. Some of their players are much better than they looked on the field and will be fine NFL players.

Stop making excuse for Coples having no motor and pretty much being a waste of space. It didn't stop player like Redding and Zac brown from playing up to a standard.

Coples has Bust all over him. I would hate if he was the pick.

Archived