• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Resident Evil 6

Reapuh

I've liked Leon ever since 4, so I might have to check this out. Didn't play five because of some rather unsettling things I heard about it--both gameplay and thematically--and this one has a bit more of a COD feel than I would like. Not that there's anything wrong with COD, it's just that I don't want to play COD with a game that says it's not COD.

4 and 5 are my two favorites of the whole series, not to go into the whole they are not traditional survivor horror genre titles argument, I've played every RE game except for the ones on Nintendo GameCube (Zero and another one?). 5 is nothing like COD, which is a FPS. 5 is more of a 3rd person action/adventure game with occasional puzzles. It's the exact same engine and game play as 4, only with an AI partner. All the stories are weird... but it's a Japanese game design... so what do you expect?

I didn't realize they were making RE6 and Operation Raccoon City at the same time... this is going to be crazy!

RE 2 was actually my favorite. Sure the controls were a bit clunky and the camera could be a hindrance at times, but it had moments that actually scared the crap out of you. Didn't play 3 or 4. Bought 5 and was underwhelmed. Sure it looked good, but it wasn't scary at all, which is the whole reason I liked 1 and 2.

It looks good, but I really wish RE would go back to its roots and implement difficult puzzles along with the survival horror.

I remember being 12 y/o, playing the original RE and reading all the documents you'd acquire about plant 42 and the tyrant and being scared sh!tless knowing I was going to have to fight them.

• 2 months later...

Archived